Job description / Role
The company leads in the industrial services industry; specifically in transportation and logistics industry. It provides airport services in Saudi Arabia. They are currently looking for a Corporate Governance, Board and Committees Affairs Manager to be based in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain the formulation of Board & Committees Affairs Department strategy
• Ensure alignment of the efforts in implementing Corporate Affairs Department strategy
• Support the development and implementation of the Department's policies, procedures, and processes; and monitor compliance of subordinates.
• Monitor the performance of team efforts against KPls and objectives on a regular basis.
• Drive process improvement in governance, reviewing and revising processes and structures to adapt to the needs of the Chair, Chief Executive, and Committee Chairs.
• Ensure the smooth running of main Board and its committees and delivery of support and information with the Governance Action Plan and best practice ensuring high quality meeting packs, effective meetings and follow-up.
• Promote the policy management process, working with colleagues to ensure effective development and approval of policies and ensure timely scheduling for the approval and review of policies at Board level.
• Lead on the development, maintenance and review of governance policies and procedures, framework (eg. Conflict of Interests policy and company's Bylaw) and some central policies in accordance with the Policy
• Management Process.
• Manage the implementation of the Governance Action Plan.
• Manage the governance requirements of the Versus Governments regulators to ensure corporate compliance with our main regulators and acting as assistant to the board secretary to meet reporting requirements and improve the processes for reporting.
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with key internal stakeholders to ensure internal engagement.
• Manage and contribute to projects as required, ensuring successful implementation and review.
• Ensure the preparation, collation and distribution of agendas, meeting information packs, minutes and reports and managing subsequent actions for Audit, Risk and other Committees meetings.
• Work with the Finance Team with the production of the Quarter and Annual Financial Statements.
• Responsible for managing the process for all Board meetings, General Assembly including allocating additional resources.
• Produce meeting(s) timelines, prepare and distribute meeting notification, correspondence, plan, and materials, as well as subsequent updates or changes
• Attend a minimum required in-person board meetings, Governance Committee Meetings, annual staff meeting, monthly calls, and provide excellent record-keeping and file minutes.
• Establish an excellent working relationship with the Chairman and Members of the Board of Directors,
• Committees Members, Executive Directors and Staff organization.
• Create presentations, reports for the Chair, and other materials for the board members.
• Contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Boards of Directors and Boards of Governors and the Committee on Administrative Affairs by enhancing the decision-making process.
• Contribute to strengthening the effectiveness of Committee through research and submission of documents on issues under consideration;
• Develop and manage action plans to ensure its commitment to all relevant regulatory requirements, Capital Market Authority requirements, and the Ministry of Commerce and Investment to the board of directors and shareholders.
• Announce on the Tadawul website as per the regulations & Rules and ensure transparency with its shareholders by providing correct information.
• Provide professional development support/coaching and perform periodic performance reviews for direct subordinates based on Performance Management System.
• Develop and implement workforce plans and succession plans for key positions to HR.
• Recommend training needs for subordinates and evaluate the outcomes of training courses.
• Collaborate with the Human Resources Function for recruitment of talent within the Corporate and Growth Strategy Department.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant Major
• MBA is a plus
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years of experience in a managerial role
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be initiative on taking new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Operations Performance Management Section Manager
Legal Advisor & Board Secretary
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Governance and Compliance Manager
|Saudi Arabia||20 May|
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
Strategy and Operations Director
|Saudi Arabia||29 Apr|