Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Senior Manager within our Corporate Restructuring practice, you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of restructuring specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
Our global network of corporate restructuring professionals helps clients develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Furthermore, our team is fully integrated both within our wider Strategy and Transactions practice and our firm as a whole, enabling our clients to reap the benefits of this broad range of knowledge, skills and experience.
We work on the basis of creating long-term relationships with our clients and our teams work closely with them to understand their short and long-term goals, allowing us to effectively identify problems and recommend and implement solutions that deliver measurable results.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Senior Manager, you will lead several engagements to help clients evaluate capital options, capture greater transaction value and achieve strategic objectives - whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business, dealing with underperformance, or looking to improve cash management.
- You will work to prepare comprehensive financial reviews of the client's operations, attend legal proceedings, engage in judicial management, support liquidation processes as well as advise clients on corporate risk management issues.
- In addition, you will manage transaction admin and QRM compliance including assisting in managing the financial aspects of engagements by resource planning, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders.
- You will also play a vital role in strengthening our relationships with our existing clients, and leverage your network to develop new relationships in the market.
- As a leader, you will manage and develop junior members of the team as well as counsel them in their professional growth.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent project management capabilities: you will be an integral part of leading project teams comprised of colleagues from across the SAT sub service lines.
- Strong business and commercial drive: you will be working in a fast-paced, exciting environment that will test your business acumen in order to drive value to our clients.
- Experience in business development: you are expected to assist in pursuing business for the firm which may include preparing presentations and attending client meetings. You will also contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on developing our teams and building a great place to work.
- Passion for learning: You will have the opportunity to learn and develop your technical and personal skills in order to achieve your career goals through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experience.
- Strong relationship building: You will need to forge strong working relationships with senior clients which may involve influencing, advising and supporting key decision makers.
To qualify for the role you must have
- As a minimum, a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and at least 7 years of related work experience.
- Strong banking, finance and accounting skills.
- Aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to synthesize findings and link them to client issues.
- Strong numerical skills, with evidence of advanced financial modelling skills and proficiency in detailed financial analysis.
- Commitment to staying at the cutting edge of knowledge in focused industries.
- Experience of managing relevant transactions and presenting findings to clients.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to travel in the region (approximately 25 to 50% of the time).
Ideally, you'll also have
- The ability to work under high pressure and adapt to a dynamic working environment.
- Good background and knowledge of Islamic finance.
- Client facing experience from a professional services background.
- Fluency in Arabic both written and spoken.
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. We are looking for an energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind, and someone who can display a high level of commercial acumen. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer:
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career within a dedicated financial due diligence practice in a Big 4 firm.
- A clear unified strategic focus across the team, with emphasis on taking an entrepreneurial approach to work.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging colleagues in the industry.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region