Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Saudi Aramco is seeking a Corporate Strategy Advisor to join the Strategic Planning Department within the Corporate Strategy & Planning organization. This key strategy role is responsible for advising Corporate and Executive Management on strategic matters related to the areas of upstream, downstream, sustainability, and new energies & low carbon (e.g. hydrogen, renewables, CCS, etc.). The candidate will also contribute to the Company's strategy development and update process, and assess the Company's strategic performance and progress towards achieving its strategic intent.
- Acts as a "Corporate Advisor" for corporate strategy and related issues, and provides relevant strategic and process-related insight to the Strategic Planning Department, the Corporate Planning organization, the CEO, and members of Corporate Management.
- Supports the development and update of the Company's Corporate Strategy in coordination with other business strategists and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the Corporate Planning organization and the various business and support lines. Generates and proposes to corporate and executive management strategic options backed up with the appropriate analysis.
- Facilitates and monitors periodic corporate-wide strategy execution reviews to measure progress of the various business and enabling strategies, and identify early warning signs and possible areas of adjustment.
- Conducts strategic performance analysis, including: past and future performance trends; investment plan analysis; strategic fit analysis of key investments; and execution capability assessments.
- Provides an independent perspective on the company's readiness to deliver on its strategy and progress towards realization of its strategic intent.
- Cultivate key matrix relationships across the organization and be able to persuade counterparts at different levels and advance corporate strategic thinking to ensure the organization is proactive in adjusting or developing its strategy.
- P repares research and special studies and analyses as required, for the Corporate Planning organization and various Corporate Committees.
- Prepares for, facilitates, and follows through on strategy and portfolio review meetings.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with consultancies, industry experts, and best-in-class companies, keeping abreast of key developments in the strategic performance management space and other arenas that could impact the company's competitive performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management or closely related discipline; advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Must have 10+ years' experience with the last 5+ in a similar function within a major energy company or consultancy house.
- Must have a deep understanding of the latest oil and gas, chemicals, refining, sustainability and new energy industry trends, developments, strategies and technologies. Specifically, candidate must be well-versed in the new energies space, including market and investment trends, policy and regulatory environment, commercialization, and market entry strategies.
- Must have experience in developing strategy, and validating and measuring strategic performance at the Corporate level.
- Must have a proven ability to effectively challenge conventional thinking, and influence others to do the same.
- Must have strong project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- Must be a master of Enterprise Performance Management practices and processes, and be comfortable leading and facilitating the implementation of new practices.
- Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive and effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels.
- Must have a proven ability to develop a positive, effective and collaborative rapport with senior management, co-workers, and stakeholders using tact and diplomacy.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.