Job description / Role
- Perform the day-to-day work in order to increase refinery profit, enhance plant reliability/integrity, and promote safety & compliance to environmental standards.
- Review process parameter and plant performance to prepare for effective discussion with OME (Area Operation Engineers) pertaining to corrosion/erosion related issues and potential problems.
- Work closely with respective inspectors to specify required data, data collection methodology and templates.
- Coordinate with Field Inspectors/Supervisors to ensure the reliability of on-stream corrosion/erosion monitoring systems.
- Analyze corrosion coupons data, trends and surveys information to determine the cause of potential corrosion.
- Identify typical and common corrosion/erosion mechanism in the refinery to recommend effective preventive measures.
- Monitor and optimize chemical injection/treatment processes to minimize corrosion potential problems.
- Provide sound and practical recommendations based on data collected, trend analysis and conducted studies to prevent corrosion and maximize plant integrity.
- Monitor the implementation of the approved recommendations and report deviations from the agreed specifications and deadlines.
- Participate in commissioning, startup and testing of any new corrosion monitoring system.
- Participate in the review of project's packages with respect to corrosion (i.e. during design basis scoping, project proposal and detailed design phases).
- Work with other engineering groups to provide data, information and recommendations related to facility modifications, corrosion programs, chemical treatment processes, and chemical injection applications.
- Review and update changes proposed to corrosion standards, procedures and manuals and participate in identifying, planning, and implementing work process improvement opportunities.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Operations Engineering Superintendent.
- Technical studies, Documentation and Resolutions
- Engineering Discipline Material, Equipment and Facilities
- Process Improvement and Optimization
- Safety Measures and Standards
- Refinery Product Planning
- Product Development
- Inspection, Testing and Reporting
- Technical Standards and Regulations
- Quality Management
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
About the Company
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company Ltd., a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and China Petrochemical Corporation ( Sinopec). A world-class, full-conversion refinery that covers about 5.2 million square meters in the Yanbu Industrial City, and is considered to be a key anchor project for the future of Yanbu. YASREF will use 400,000 barrels per day (bpd) of Arabian heavy crude oil to produce premium transportation fuels, as well as high-value refined products for both international and domestic markets. It is scheduled to be operational in Q3 2014.
YASREF signifies the impressive downstream portfolio added to Saudi Aramco, yet building and cementing on the strategic partnership with Sinopec - Saudi Aramco's largest crude oil partner and buyer - Both companies bring commercial and technical expertise to the joint venture to enhance trade of transportation fuels between a significant energy producer and its consumer. In addition, YASREF represents a continuing step forward in the strategies of Saudi Aramco and Sinopec to drive growth further downstream to capture additional value along the hydrocarbon chain.
YASREF was registered in January 2012 with the single purpose to establish, operate, and manage a full conversion-refining complex. YASREF possesses the location advantage to effectively and efficiently supply both international and domestic markets. The products include 90,000 bpd of gasoline, 263,000 bpd of ultra-low sulfur diesel, 6,200 metric tons per day (mtd) of petcoke, 1,200 (mtd) of sulfur, and 140,000 tons per year of benzene. YASREF will process Arabian Heavy crude oil into high-quality refined products that could include future production of Paraxylene and products to support downstream industries.