Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check plant equipment of corrosion, and metallurgical problems . Coordinates with Metallurgist and Services Laboratory to investigate failures of static equipment, using destructive and non- destructive tests to solve and avoid recurrence of the problem
- Update corrosion manuals , inspection plan based on damage susceptibility . this may include but not limited to gathering data,revising corrosion loop, risk assessment and inspection plan.
- Coordinates with the chemical Treatment contractor , lab department process & operation Department , and services Laboratory to analyse samples of plant to ensure proper chemical treatment in order to validate with licenser specification. Coordinate qualification program for asset integrity chemical and interface with vendor.
- Ensure effective communication with international code committees on materials selection to ensure the consideration of enhanced Company material specification for business requirements based on lessons learned and metallurgical investigations failure during projects execution, commissioning , warranty periods and during design life.
- Advice inspection management for proposing a new material which meets the business requirement with improved functionality form a range of new materials which can function an substitutes, Ensure the materials selection in the FEED and design phases of the projects to meet the long term asset integrity standards and the approved Quality criteria and specifications.
- Monitors the corrosion and probes already installed level of corrosion . Review the gathered data, investigates corrosion problems, recommends material changes and selects new corrosion monitoring points and sites.
- Monitors the installed cathodic system to assure effectiveness and reliability .Evaluate cathodic protection survey results and provide solution for the identified problems.
- Prepares and reviews painting-coating and lining procedure for new surfaces or previously coated surfaces such as tanks, piping and equipment.
- Attend monthly meeting with chemical treatment contractors to discuss water and corrosion problems , recommend solution, and follow up the execution and to evaluate new technologies.
- Provide technical assistant to select new coating and supervise application and inspection activities.
- Prepare technical reports for corrosion analyses on static pressure equipment on regular basis and during turnaround and confer findings with Superintendent inspection. Ensure related damage susceptibility is addressed to RBI Engineer .
- Review and approve all major MOC modification to the Process Units in terms of material compatibility with operating environment.
- Keep update for new corrosion mitigation techniques, latest NDT development to identify risk and participate in regional international conference and exhibition concerning corrosion prevention and control.
- Support the Turnaround team in activities planning during major turnaround ensure that all corrosion management and control preparation activities are completed and carried out.
- Feed back to Superintendent inspection with regards to corrosion control Contractors' performances and provide recommendation on corrective actions in case of discrepancies.
- Participate in the investigation of failures related to static asset ensuring the effective implementation of SATORP's safety policies and adequate maintenance of static pressure equipment .
- Performs other similar or related duties as assigned, such as preparing introductory courses on material-corrosion engineering.
- Provide opportunities for training and development of employees in the section and assesses their progress, this includes on the job training and proper work deletion.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the inspection superintendent.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering or equivalent Professional NACE Corrosion Technologist , NACE CIP Level 1, NACE basic corrosion.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience on corrosion management , integrity risk assessment and inspection process in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical industry and minimum 10 years as Specialist in Corrosion Engineering
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.
Field Operator (Process)
A Leading Shipping Company in Fujairah
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF)
Production Engineer IDC
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)