Job description / Role
To perform the cost control functions including but not limited to the following:
• Project Scope Control
• Project Scope Changes and Transfers
• Procurement Packages Scope Definition, Budget Allocation and Pay Item Formulation
• Procurement Packages Scope Changes and Transfer
• Awarded Packages Monitoring and Forecasting
• Maintain Trend Log (Scope/Non-Scope, Engineering, Packages Commodities)
• Oversee and monitor implementation of the project cost control system
• Accounting and cost forecasting activities
• All activities related to and having an impact on the final cost of the Project
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
In accordance with the Project Controls Execution Plan and as approved by the Sr Cost Engineer, the Cost Controller has the responsibility and commensurate authority to accomplish the following duties:
• To initiate and implement the project cost coding with its corresponding structure in a compatible manner to accommodate the requirements of other disciplines i.e.
• Engineering Management
• Construction Management
• To perform the recasting of the project cost estimate into the Project Budget.
• To create cost items and assign cost items to procurement items.
• To ensure that all procurement packages have been assigned a Budget, correctly cost coded and that the total assigned Budget for all packages is in balance with the Total Project Budget.
• To formulate for insertion in the Tender documents pay items that can be progressed by the inspectors in the fabrication shops, the engineering staff and the construction staff.
• To ensure that all purchase requisitions are for goods or services that are within the Project Scope, that the proper Budget and cost code have been assigned.
• To perform the preparation and maintenance of the variations register to ensure proper coding and Budget allocation.
• To perform the preparation and maintenance of the cost reports.
• To coordinate the progress reporting of procurement POs and construction contracts in order to calculate accruals for period end reporting.
• To coordinate the forecast of final cost for all procurement packages pre and post award.
• To coordinate and perform the process period end and new period, ensure validity of database and run the monthly cost accounting and forecasting reports.
• To provide as requested special studies and reports such as cash flow projection, foreign exchange variations, overseas transportation, custom duty, logistics etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Any bachelor’s degree
• At least 5 - 7 years relevant experience in a cost control role in industrial gases, oil & gas or related industry
• Strong communication skills
• Organized, disciplined, able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities and parallel tasks
• Strong Microsoft software skills, particularly Excel
• Strong report writing skills
• Experience of working in a multicultural project team
• Middle East/KSA experience is preferred
• Saudi Aramco experience
• Oil & gas experience
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.