Job description / Role
We are looking for a Cost Controller to be an effective member in Pullman Zamzam Madina and to be a great assist to the Finance department and in the development of the hotel.
Being a Pullman employee means embodying and conveying the brand mindset through the values of open mindedness, forward thinking and drive.
What is in it for you:
- ALL Heartist benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Provide an effective auditing system for the activities of the Materials Management Division.
- Provide a summary of the costs required by various people in the Accounting and Control Division to prepare daily and monthly reports.
- Provide Heads of Departments with the cost figures necessary for them to operate their individual profit centre profitably.
- Provide a system of monitoring the data input by operation level personnel.
- To compare details of quantities, unit costs, etc., on regular purchase orders to those on authorized purchase requests.
- To audit prices and quantity variances as per daily Receiving Variance Report.
- To ensure the inventory items and services which are bought and used in providing guests services and facilities are stored and used in the controlled manner and according to accounting principles.
- To check the data entered by Materials Management employees and to correct where necessary.
- To amend the micros data base as requested & approved by proper authorities.
- To prepare daily the Comparison Report on Food & Beverage Actual vs. Potential costs / sales. (Applicable to all free standing kitchens/restaurants after 3 months of grand opening)
- To reconcile the cost of all officer and entertainment checks and apply credit to the respective departments.
- To prepare analysis on General Stores issues such as guest supplies against budget.
- To verify the accuracy of recipes for the outlets and kitchens for the purpose of inventory control and potential costing.
- To maintain records of inventory transactions which cannot be tracked through the system such as banquet events, cocktails and buffets.
- To audit inventory transactions and make adjustments when necessary.
- To collate and journalize month-end figures.
- To attend month end and other stocktaking activities in all Food & Beverage and general areas.
- Reconcile and obtain explanation on variation and prepare Inventory Adjustment Authorization for the Director of Finance's approval.
- To coordinate and assist in the inventory taking of operating equipment every three (3) months.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Accounting & Finance Division.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To conduct market survey of different items so as to ensure that the prices paid by hotel should be below the market retail prices.
- To understand and audit the operating procedures (purchasing, receiving, store, preparation etc.) of Materials Management Division.
- To spot check periodically internal purchase orders for Food & Beverage items against their appropriate market lists.
- To investigate reasons for spoilage issue forms and post through the system.
- To check on a scheduled basis:
* Butcher yield tables and standard pricing tables
* Accuracy of units of measure and brand information at the receiving.
* Controllable and non-controllable status of inventory item data.
- To spot check at random :
* The contents of Minibar in unoccupied rooms
* Units of measure at bar
* The potential and actual costs of individual bars
* The accuracy of outlet recipes and portions being served
* VIP amenities and their respective conversion recipes
* Garbage cans and their contents
* Par stocks in outlets and stockrooms
* Inventory on shelves compared with inventory recorded in the computer
- Market survey on food items being purchased
- The quality of Food & Beverage items being received to ensure that they match purchase specifications
- Inventory turnover
- Pouring brand consumption
- To be thoroughly familiar with the duties and responsibilities of Materials Receiving and Storing process and be able to train the employee up to the standards required.
- To assist in the training of Materials Management personnel as part of the effort to build an efficient team and to take an active interest in their individual development and welfare.
- To assist in carrying out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
Your experience and skills include:
- 3-4 Years experience in the similar field
- Accounting degree
- Transferable Iqama is a must
- Good working knowledge of computers
- Excellent leadership, communication and training skills
- Strong attention to detail, highly responsible, organized & reliable
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
Your team and working environment:
ZamZam Pullman Madina Hotel is located in the holy city of Madinah Al Munawara and only 150 m from Bab Al Salam of Al Masjid Al Nabawi, Pullman Zamzam Madina offers free WiFi throughout the entire hotel. All 835 rooms & suites are blended with modern Arabic & French elegance. Indoor parking is available on site with additional charge. Quba Mosque and Uhud Mountain are only 15-minutes away from the property.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.