Job description / Role
Sofitel in the Holy City Al Madina in KSA
With the following requirement
Cost Controller- Sofitel Shahd Almadina
We are looking for an experienced Cost Controller who will safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks. To effectively audit, analyze and interpret all aspects of material handling within the hotel. Summarize and report findings and improvement suggestions on deficiencies. Provide the departments with the information needed to efficiently run their operation.
What is in it for you?
- ALL Heartist benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Provide an effective auditing system for the activities of the Materials Management section.
- Provide a summary of the costs required by various people in the Accounting and Control Division to prepare daily and monthly reports.
- Provide Heads of Departments with the cost figures necessary for them to operate their individual profit center profitably -
- To compare details of quantities, unit costs, etc., on regular purchase orders to those on authorized purchase requests
- To ensure the inventory items are stored and used in the controlled manner and according to accounting principles
- Analyze each cost and come up with recommendation / alternatives to the management.
- Check if the purchasing department is buying right products at right price and from right vendor. Provide all observation on purchasing department to Director of Finance.
- To verify the accuracy of recipes for the outlets and kitchens for the purpose of inventory control and potential costing.
- Monitor receiving bay to ensure that quality and quantity of goods received is as per specification stated in the LPO
- The quality of Food & Beverage items being received to ensure that they match purchase specifications & Inventory turnover
- Liaise with Owning Company and Operating Company Auditors.
- Spot check receiving bay to ensure that Receiving Agent is performing his tasks as per standard operating procedure
Experience and skills include:
- Minimum 4 years experience in the same position
- Familiar with Ms. Office and relevant accounting systems
- Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management and/or Accounting or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Food & Beverages products and POS system
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong attention to details, Highly responsible, organized & reliable
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team while setting and completing individual deadlines
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
Sofitel Shahd Al-madinah boasts a landmark location in the center of Madinah, a short walk from the northern entrance of the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi. The property features 469 keys, including the most luxurious suite in Madinah, two- and three-bedroom suites, Three dining outlets, an executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a fitness center with a gym, stand out as a beacon of modern luxury and French savoir-faire, blending the brand's unique sense of joie de vivre with the very best of the local.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.