Job description / Role
Principle Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare project controls plans, and detailed manpower utilization plans.
• Monitor cost performance against the plan and prepares trends as necessary.
• Assist with contract management and payments.
• Work closely with different project functions to coordinate required data needed to conform to the overall estimate.
• Assist with pricing structure development and application to takeoffs, derived quantities, quantity assumption, and cost allowances.
• Assist in developing unit hour and pricing data for a specific discipline or another specialty, including estimating parameters, factors, indices, productivity, and craft distribution reference data, etc.
• Perform data analysis, identify problems, and make recommendations.
• Manage cost control by recording project cost and progress; directly interface with management as necessary for cost control monitoring, analysis, and reporting.
• Assist in preparing cost data for expenditure and cash flow preparation and reconciliation.
• Set up and maintain tracking reports for submittal of monthly progress invoices.
• Plan, coordinate, and direct preparation of specific budgets.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) from an accredited university and 4 or more years of relevant experience. If qualifying with a Master’s degree, 3 or more years of relevant professional experience.
• 2-3 years of professional experience working on large, industrial, construction projects.
• Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing cost engineering functions, which include cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong English proficiency.
• Proficiency basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
About the Company
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.