This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
Currie & Brown has a range of opportunities across its Middle East offices and is currently looking for highly professional cost managers (quantity surveyors) for a temporary assignment based in Riyadh.
The successful candidate(s) will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate(s) will include:
- Taking direction from the senior quantity surveyor (SQS)
- Supporting the SQS in the project deliverables and work flow
- Assisting in project cancellations and terminations, variations, evaluations, detailed final account measurements and claims
- Undertaking and quantifying commercial evaluations of several projects (across various sectors) for cancellation
- Providing high-level assessments and quantifications
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure that all information is available for the successful completion of projects; liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurately and timely manner
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships in true partnership
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
- BSc degree in quantity surveying or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
- Middle East experience
- Must have post-contract experience, particularly in project cancellations, terminations, variations, measurements and claims
- Good English technical writing, client-facing and communication skills (both internal and external)
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
- Experience in a variety of sectors, including residential, retail, education, infrastructure, commercial and leisure projects in excess of $1 billion
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the worlds leading asset management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in North America, Central America, Europe, the Middle East, India and the Far East.