Job description / Role
- Preparation of initial Order of Cost Estimate to establish project budget.
- Development of the initial cost estimate at concept stage to produce Concept Design estimate
- Prepare Preliminary Cost estimate in accordance within prescribed standards and procedures
- Prepare tender bill of quantities and associated pricing documents for inclusion in tender documentation
- Prepare Pre-Tender Estimate of the works
- Carrying out tender evaluation and preparing tender reports
- Review of Bonds and Insurances as submitted by the Contractor
- Checking contractor's application and preparing interim payment certificates
- Checking and agreeing with a recommendation for payment, the contractor's final account
- Evaluating proposed variations to contract with respect to financial impact on the contract
- Attend meetings as required
- Prepare regular cost reports as required
- Liaising between contractor and other consultants to ensure timely delivery of service
- Degree Qualified
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience
- 5 years experience in working on civil engineering/building projects, 1 year of which should be in the Middle East.
- Must be familiar with FIDIC forms of contracts
- Must have outstanding communication skills in written and spoken English
- Must be a proactive team player but also able to work on own initiative
- Must be able to work both independently with a proactive approach and collaboratively as part of a multi-cultural team.
- Should be able to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).