Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
The role will be reporting to the senior cost manager and will be working in a client facing role and responsible for leading our fee proposal, developing the clients’ strategy through to managing the delivery through the extended professional team of local and international consultants and contractors.
To work alongside the senior management team in the development, implementation and management of controls and commercial procedures.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the senior cost manager.
- Working in a client facing role and responsible for leading our fee proposal, developing the clients’ strategy through to managing the delivery through the extended professional team of local and international consultants and contractors.
- Working alongside the senior management team in the development, implementation and management of controls and commercial procedures.
- Ensuring the application of value management techniques at the outset of a project involving existing protocols and systems.
- Managing the procurement process and ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, enquiry, analysis, selection and contract preparation are performed effectively.
- Ensuring that post contract cost variances, change control, cost checking and valuation processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring the production of monthly post contract and cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Value engineering and life cycle costing.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with clients, external and internal consultants at all project stages.
- Directing and motivating a multi-cultural team and ensuring all commercial objectives are delivered.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or cost consultancy or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.