Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Cost Manager for a major PMC project in KSA.
A typical week would include:
* Evaluate and analyze fee proposals / bids and provide recommendation for decision making
* Provide forecasts and cash flow analysis
* Maintain and manage the cost report and provide regular updates on financial position
* Assist in the development, validation and maintenance of the project schedule
* Assist in developing reporting tracking tools and generates cost reports on regular basis including evaluation of earned value
* Support the coordination of the Change Management process for the project
* Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
* Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
* Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
* Performing quantity surveying, cost controls and change management activities throughout the project life cycle.
* Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
* Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
* Carrying out the production of monthly cost reports for presentation to the client.
* Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A Degree in Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying, a Western qualification is preferred.
* Minimum 20 years post-graduate experience
* Pre-contract experience during the preliminary conceptual master planning phase of projects
* Extensive experience with consultancies
* Previous experience in Project Management
* Hands-on experience in capital cost estimating in a lead Estimator role
* Good knowledge of the design process and construction methodologies
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.