Job description / Role
• Responsible for oversight of Cost Management activities for the Projects.
• Chair and minute the Monthly Cost, Schedule and Procurement Review for the Projects.
• Review and prepare monthly accruals for the Projects.
• Provides input to and assists in the development and compilation of the Project Executive Monthly Report
• Implements Project Cost Management Procedures including Change Management and cascade procedure implementation with PMC organizations
• Undertakes independent Contractor Claim and Variation analysis as requested by Project organization.
• Participates in commercial bid evaluation for major packages of works.
• Audits PMC cost management activities with respect to budget control, change control and contingency analysis and to support the coordination of the Change Management process for the project
• Develops OOM Capital Cost estimates for Project strategic purposes.
• Performs detailed review of PMC developed Capital Cost Estimates
• Maintain and manage the cost report and provide regular updates on financial position
• Assist in the development, validation and maintenance of the project schedule
• Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
• Providing commercial input to design optioneering and input into value engineering exercises.
• Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
• Perform quantity surveying, cost controls, and change management activities throughout the project life cycle.
• Ensure that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
• Ensure that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
• Ensure that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
• Compile as built cost estimate records for bench marking purposes.
• Ideally degree qualified in construction, cost management or quantity surveying
• Proficient cost management knowledge of Budget Reconciliation Process, Change Management, Accruals, PMC Services Reporting and Analysis
• Additional certification in Microsoft applications a plus
• Minimum 10-15 years of experience in Capital Construction Project Cost Management
• Preferable five (5) years cost management experience in the GCC.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Ignite Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||13 Jan|
Mohammed Al-Rashid Contracting Co. (MARCO)
|Saudi Arabia||29 Dec|
Cost Management Associate
Compass Project Consulting
Senior Cost Control Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
|Saudi Arabia||1 Dec|
Contract / Commercial Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Saudi Arabia||21 Dec|