Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1 Million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We're expanding and looking for a talented EHS professionals to join our team. You'll be passionate about partnering with the business to ensure EHS risks are managed. We have existing fulfillment centers and will be relocating some sites and also adding new sites, so we'll expect you to drive our Amazon Souq EHS culture with the site leaders, and be instrumental in embedding Amazon Souq EHS policies and processes and ensure compliance to all applicable local legislative obligations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for our Associates. Successful EHS professionals will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team, inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and EHS data analysis, bias for action, handle multiple priorities and thrive in a fast paced every changing environment.
As an EHS professional you must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train Operations Leaders in Amazon EHS policies and assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the safety landscape. You will possess excellent safety program knowledge as well as environmental and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations.
You will comfortable in working within a global company, and able to leverage from different parts of the world to support you in be successful in your role. As our business grows, there may be opportunities to lead other EHS members if you can demonstrate your leadership capabilities (e.g. Safety Coordinators, Onsite Medicals Associates).
- Possess a thorough understanding of EHS Acts and subordinate legislation and codes of practice.
- Completion of risk assessments related to EHS hazards.
- Develop written EHS documentation (procedures, tools and training( in both English and local language
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Souq EHS Policies and Global Standards. Develop local site/regional EHS procedures and processes to meet Amazon Global Standards
- Measure sites' performance against published requirements in EHS procedures. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
- Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the EHS risk is highest.
- Perform frequent site EHS audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
- Audit record-keeping practices and Global Safety Database (Gensuite) entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Lead and mentor EHS Ambassadors or H&S representatives in your assigned facility.
- Champion the site/regional EHS committee, and providing guidance and support for H&S representatives.
- Ensure site/regional leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their EHS responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Ensure contractor management safety processes are implemented.
- EHS manager: 5+ years growing responsibilities in muti-site operations in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement
- Bachelor or diploma degree in safety, environmental, or a related field or significant work experience within these areas.
- Must be flexible regarding shifts, and able to respond after hours (e.g. for emergencies)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and local language
- Strong experience in developing and implementing EHS procedures, training and other processes.
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have experience with EHS regulators and ability to manage multiple site/regionals/remotely, ability to develop and implement EHS goals, strategies, improvement plans, strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing EHS experience with
- Injury management and return to work
- Master's degree preferred
- EHS specialist preferred but not essential experience with EHS regulators and ability to manage multiple site/regionals/remotely, ability to develop and implement EHS goals, strategies, improvement plans, strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.