Job description / Role
• Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
• Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
• Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
• Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
• Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
• Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
• Directing all transportation activities.
• Developing transportation relationships.
• Monitoring transport costs.
• Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
• Dealing with the effects of congestion.
• Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organization’s carbon footprint.
• Concrete and detailed knowledge of the deep geographical areas in KSA
• Builds strategic relationships, empower and influence
• Communicates clearly
• Acts with integrity and manages conflict
• Motivates others and promotes innovation
• Provides effective and constructive performance feedback
• Manages Quality Improvement and be receptive to change
• 5-7 years of Operations Management experience with P&L responsibility, including multiple facilities with multiple customers
• Experience with implementations or systems customization
• Experience should include implementation management and work in multiple facilities
• Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction
• Work experience must demonstrate ability to manage customer relationships and the ability to motivate and manage a staff under pressure
• Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in IS, Operations Management, Logistics Management, Business Administration or equivalent experience in a logistics/distribution environment – Preferred
• An Innovative leader and self starter who is looking for an opportunity to manage an operating team and execution.
• Detailed oriented with a strong client or customer management experience skill set.
• Bachelor’s degree and five+ years of experience required; MBA or masters degree is a plus
• Previous experience in one of the following roles preferred: consulting (ideally with exposure to supply chain and logistics strategy); supply chain operations, process optimization, or transformation.
• Strong analytical experience and comfort working with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
• Experience managing a high-performing team, and a track record of developing talent required.
• Experience working in a matrix environment and managing cross-functional projects required.
• Experience leading process improvement initiatives by successfully collaborating with multiple stakeholders and building tools & visibility solutions
About the Company
A growing freight forwarder located in KSA, our headquarters in Riyadh and we serve all Kingdom Air/Sea Ports via our branches in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam.
Our services portfolio:
Shipping: Being one of the front running companies in Saudi Arabia, providing total logistics solutions, Solution Makers Shipping Division, offers one stop shop to our clients, the convenience of total Logistics solutions, right from the source to their warehouses, without the hassle of dealing with multiple service providers for each stage of the shipping process.
With Customs clearance, storage and transportation services, shipping division completes the cycle, which makes Solution Makers, a truly integrated Logistics Company in the Kingdom.
Customs Clearance: The core of our business stems from being the leading Customs Clearance agency, ever since the company came into existence thirty years ago. We have built a strong network of Customs clearance Offices in all parts of the kingdom
Transportation: From modest beginnings, Transportation division has played a pivotal role in our journey as an integrated player in the industry, by extending our services to the clients’ doorsteps. Managed by professionals, and a large fleet of modern trucks, insured and equipped with hi-tech systems for real time tracking of consignments, we work around the clock to ensure goods are delivered to the customer premises ahead of schedule.
Terminals & Storage:
- Loading and unloading containers of all types
- Containers and cargo storage
- Packing and unpacking of goods in containers
- Long-term and short-term Storage solutions based on client requirements
Express Service: SMI Provide also Express services through its sister company SMI express that have a vast variety of solutions for e-commerce sector
- Labeling & Repacking
Country Operation Manager
Solution Makers International Company
|Saudi Arabia||13 Feb|
A Leading Group In Saudi Arabia
Deputy Managing Director
Manager of Supply Chain
Future Careers Middle East
Head of Supply Chain
Future Careers Middle East