Crane Simulator Trainer - Port Operations
Job description / Role
Our client is founded by the Saudi government to bring all communities together and develop all sectors and fields with innovative solutions. The organization generates over $24 million in sales and has over 850 companies and 700 employees.
They are currently looking for a Crane Simulator Trainer, Port Operations to be based in Tabuk, Saudi Arabia.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support and participate to the Training Management Lead with the development of project specific training plans for each port activity area and role, aligned with client processes and standardization to support the achievement of business objectives.
• Manage, plan, supervise the execution of training plans.
• Coordinate resources across all port activity areas.
• Develop training manuals, assessments, evaluations, and curriculum alongside process and activity owners.
• Develop standardized processes, procedures, and materials for a holistic approach across each activity area.
• Provide training and feedback to trainers and terminal supervisors for effective deployment of curriculum.
• Support the Training Management Lead to identify & create development plans for workforce.
• Support identification of workforce with high potential for bespoke training.
• Manage and update all documents, processes, templates and manuals related to training plans.
• Provide leadership and direction with respect to client performance management system.
• Map out training requirements from business leaders and design training plans and schedules.
• Identify and support business leaders and Training Manager to select bespoke training methods (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on the job training, professional development classes, etc.)
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures for health and safety at work.
• Identify legal requirements and incorporate into training plans.
• Lead training events, classroom sessions and programs.
• Lead and supervise technical trainers.
• Provide coaching and feedback to the technical training.
• Support a continuous learning environment.
• Share employee feedback and identify areas to improve employee engagement.
Qualification & Requirements:
• Certificated as instructor or training coordinator.
• MS Office proficiency.
• 5 years of industrial training experience.
• Previous crane simulator instructor experience, with ability to create multiple operational scenarios via LED, Projector, or VR display systems.
• Ability to operate semi-automated STS – RTG – RMG cranes in real time operations. Understands vessel loa/discharge plans and yard layouts.
• Knowledge in port related activities. Previous experience in a port environment including technical and operator roles as well, with remote operations a plus.
• Previous industrial experience.
• Understanding of health and safety at work policies and procedures.
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
• Must have extensive knowledge of instructional practices, including teaching materials, testing, and course content.
• Requires strong verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience instructing trainees from multiple nationalities is an advantage.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering