Job description / Role
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business - all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers - developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies - see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work with technical Sales teams as an enterprise hybrid-cloud subject matter expert to differentiate and paint the vision of Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshooting potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations' ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology - all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities.
- Understand key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide in-depth enterprise infrastructure/cloud modernization expertise to support the technical relationship with Google's customers. Partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption to Google Cloud.
- Provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization. Identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Structure and execute prototyping workshops to prove out proposed new architectures, developing best practices, and documenting key blocking requirements for prioritization with engineering.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery, and deployment.
- Experience with containers and associated technologies.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Experience with developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS, and container orchestration systems, or other applicable platforms.
- Experience with networking concepts and logging and monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads.
- Knowledge of application security patterns including web application security, service mesh, and mobile security strategies.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Google Cloud/IT technology space.
- Ability to speak and write in Arabic and English fluently.
About the Company
Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. Starting from two computer science students in a university dorm room, we now have thousands of employees and offices around the world. These Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe.
It starts with how we work together. We’re building a company where people of different views, backgrounds and experiences can do their best work and show up for one another. A place where every Googler feels like they belong.
So whether you develop new technology or creative campaigns, craft beautiful products or breakthrough partnerships, your work here is a chance to accomplish things that matter. Bring your insight, imagination, and healthy disregard for the impossible. Bring everything that makes you unique. Together, we can build for everyone.