Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data & AI Technical Sales Architect, you will be working with IBM sales team to position IBM Data & AI. IBM Data&AI has a strong pipeline of Data & AI opportunities and is looking for passionate and motivated Technical Architect to help our clients take the AI journey with Watson and other IBM Data&AI offerings.
In this position, you will have the unique opportunity to bring IBM Data & AI collateral and your experience together and enhance the value that we bring to clients.
You will work directly with clients to determine their business issues and recommend information management solutions that drive business value.
You will use your consulting skills, analytical expertise, and business knowledge to determine business objectives, as well as processes, measurements and appropriate tools for formulating hypotheses and testing conclusions that result in the best solution for business needs.
We value problem solving skills and an attitude towards learning, great communication and accountability. Qualified candidate will be working in a presales team to promote and sell IBM Data & AI portfolio to CIOs, CDOs and Data Scientists across industries.
- Lead presales Data solutioning, consulting, and architecture engagements across industry sectors. Financial Services and Government would be a bonus.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities in Strategy and Architecture on complex engagements in global environments
- Formulate a data and AI strategic vision and a tactical roadmap to address client's critical data requirements in conformance with overall corporate objectives
- Serve as a subject matter expert available to accelerate sales and delivery in high growth analytics areas
- Champion the use of data, cognitive and analytics to realize strategic insights to help drive cross-business unit initiatives focused primarily on revenues generation, effectiveness and efficiencies.
- A robust information architecture is a foundational capability to IBM analytics / AI program and this role will require strong linkage to the wider Advanced Analytics, AI and Cognitive teams .
Key soft skills
- Ability to articulate the value of IBM's Data&AI Portfolio
- Ability to understand market dynamics of the Data Science space to lead competitive positioning from a technical and economical perspective.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the economics behind capital purchases and tradeoffs of on-premise and cloud-based software solutions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, discipline, with attention to detail and ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Competitive self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Interact with corporate-level executives .
- Objection handling skills.
- Understand prospect "insiders" and how competition sells to the account. Develop insights from this and from public sources.
- Stay ahead and on top of all new product features and fixes.
- Provide technical consultation and education to the Sales team and Business Partners by keeping them apprised on new product information.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field, computer science or similar field
- Solid background in data and analytics space
- Ability to size and develop / validate physical architecture of data ecosystems
- Working knowledge in business strategy and research
- Ability to lead in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Proven track record in pre-sales, consulting, architecture, solutioning and implementation
- Should have 8 years of IT working experience
- At least 4 years' experience in Complex Architecture, Strategy Consulting and Big Data Architecture work, Information Governance
- Experience in developing Enterprise Information Architecture
- Experience in developing Data Lake / Modern Data Platform Solutions on prem and on cloud
- Experience in Data Governance and Data Strategy work
- Experience in developing architectures with open source tools and technologies for Big Data
- Experience in SQL, Spark, Python and Scala
- Experience in Watson Studio, Watson Machine Learning, AIOps, MLOps, and Cloud Pak for Data.
- Experience with Watson services and solutions: Watson Services, Watson Assistant, Watson Discovery, Watson Explorer, Watson NL Understanding, Watson Compare&Comply, etc.
- Experience with core enabling technologies: Open Source, ML, Deep Learning, Databases, networking, Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge in IBM AI Platform and Data Science space: Cloud Pak for Data, SPSS, Decision Optimization, R and Python programming, etc.
- Knowledge of in the Open Source space: Apache Hadoop, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a concise and actionable manner
- Analytical thinking
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Candidate should combine deep data and analytics skills with strong business acumen to solve business problems by understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to predict emerging trends and provide recommendations to optimize business results. Responsibilities include working with CIOs, CDOs and Data Architects to offer IBM Data & AI portfolio by understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to predict emerging trends and provide recommendations to optimize business results.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Group Lead Core Applications
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)