Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Watson/AI Technical Sales Specialist, you will be working with IBM sales team to position solutions that will support the next era of cognitive computing. IBM Data&AI has a strong pipeline of opportunities and is looking for passionate and motivated Technical Specialist to help our clients take the AI journey with Watson and other Data&AI solutions.
The Watson/AI Technical Sales Specialist will:
- Work with the most influential enterprises in KSA to transform business operations with AI solutions.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge, experience and insight to address client's business issues (which may include client, industry or technology related pressures) with Watson solutions that improve the client's return on investment.
- Support and execute the sales process with in-depth sales, organizational, business and professional skills.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of the selected business solution, the IBM capabilities that surround this solution and the value the solution can bring to our client's business issues.
- Team with client sales team, providing technical sales support on Watson offerings in line with client needs.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to line of business executives as well as customer IT departments.
- Provide feedback from customers to Product Marketing, Product Management, and Product Development.
- Engage additional resources as needed to support the sale.
- Understand unstructured data solutions, with preferred specific expertise in search and unstructured analytics.
Key soft skills
- Ability to articulate the value of IBM's Data&AI Portfolio
- Ability to understand market dynamics of the AI space to lead competitive positioning from a technical and economical perspective.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the economics behind capital purchases and tradeoffs of on-premise and cloud-based software solutions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, discipline, with attention to detail and ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Competitive self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Interact with corporate-level executives .
- Objection handling skills.
- Understand prospect "insiders" and how competition sells to the account. Develop insights from this and from public sources.
- Stay ahead and on top of all new product features and fixes.
- Provide technical consultation and education to the Sales team and Business Partners by keeping them apprised on new product information.
Key technical skills
- Experience with Watson services and solutions: Watson Services, Watson Assistant, Watson Discovery, Watson Explorer, Watson NL Understanding, Watson Compare & Comply, etc.
- Experience with core enabling technologies: Open Source, ML, Deep Learning, Databases, networking, Unix, Linux, Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge in IBM AI Platform and Data Science space: Cloud Pak for Data, SPSS, Decision Optimization, R and Python programming, etc.
- Experience with data integration and governance solutions, including but not limited to IBM Information Server, Informatica, Oracle, Talend, Ab Initio.
- Knowledge of in the Open Source space: Apache Hadoop, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelors Degree in IT/Computer Science.
- English: Fluent.
- At least 2-years experience in Chatbot solutions, NLP, enterprise search, and hands-on engineering or field technical sales experience.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.