Job description / Role
Are you a qualified Data and Compliance Manager? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge internationally?
Job Purpose/Scope: The purpose of this role, is to deliver a data, audit and compliance for the company. Implementing the necessary processes to ensure that contract requirements are met, and that systems are sufficient to provide timely/accurate data for the management team, board and client.
Key Management Responsibilities:
• Owner of the contract with the CoE (including variations), ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for adherence to the contract.
• Audit function, checking that processes and procedures are being adhered to. Where not, taking appropriate action. Whether that be: training, process development, and reporting issues to the Finance and/or Managing Director.
• Collation of data on a monthly basis, for management and board meetings. Collation and submission of contractual data to the Colleges of Excellence.
• Responsible for the company risk register and KPI register, working closely with the Company Secretary.
The list below is indicative. The post-holder will be expected to under other tasks commensurate with the level of the role, contributing to the effective running of the business.
Review contractual requirements with the CoE, and all variations. Developing an action plan to be reviewed by the Finance Director.
• Modification of processes and procedures to ensure that all requirements have an associated process.
• Where required, develop new processes & procedures for approval.
• Train staff in the use of the processes, and procedures, checking understanding.
Create for approval, an internal audit process and schedule. Clearly setting out increased audits for areas of risk; financial, reputational etc.
Create a data dashboard system for:
• Weekly performance meetings
• Monthly Management meetings
• Finance review committee, and Board
College of Excellence relationship:
• Develop an excellent working relationship with the contract manager and education adviser at the CoE.
• Prepare and submit Day 10 and forecast data to the CoE in line with their system expectations (post agreement from an authorised signatory)
• Prepare and submit semester data, working with the Finance Director to respond to any queries, ensuring that compliance issues do not result in delay of payment or KPI deductions
• Where required, lead on all submissions to the CoE, for additional information, maintaining an excellent repository of all agreements
• Via newsletters or variations, create communications on change for all staff, and where deemed required, deliver training
• Prepare data for CoE CHAPPS meetings, and attend
• Provide induction training service for all new starters on areas of contract compliance.
• Where practicable, develop links with other providers of CoE services in the Kingdom
• Be responsible for researching, interpreting, and providing information to the Senior Management team on regulatory matters in the operating environment. Such as tax, employment law, facilities, etc.
• Working closely with the Quality Manager to ensure that quality & compliance operate in tandem, ensuring that systems, procedures and processes are linked, to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Liaise with all external auditors, taking the lead as required in the planning and preparation for visits by the CoE and regulators.
• Devise and manage action/improvement plans arising from all internal and external audits, undertaking the necessary changes to processes/procedures, and where required train staff and managers.
• Undertake a review of the contracts, creating an end of contract scenario planning action plan. Working with the Finance Director to ensure that actions are taken throughout the contract to mitigate financial loss, and where required handover assets to the CoE as required and desired. Meeting the terms of the CoE contract, the performance bond and associated documents.
• As required, attend the Management meetings, Finance Review Committee or Board.
• Corporate Commitment.
• Complying with, and supporting compliance with, all corporate policies and procedures.
• Responding to key priorities, particularly health, safety and welfare, and inclusion and equality of opportunity.
• Liaison with external agencies at all levels.
• Representing the Organisation and promoting organisational interests on all occasions.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
• Minimum of 3 years experience working in a regulated field in a similar role.
• At least 2 years experience as an audit team member.
• Organisational skills sufficient to undertake an function.
• Efficient and effective administration skills.
• Skills in working as a member of a team and motivating colleagues.
• Energy and enthusiasm for working in a rapidly changing environment and ability to demonstrate flexibility in working practices.
• Ability to analyse data and its implications.
• Demonstrable competence in computer systems and software including Microsoft Office suite.
• Bachelor Degree in an applicable subject.
• Postgraduate qualification.
• An audit/compliance/inspection qualification.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Reliability - attendance, punctuality, good ambassador for the Company.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Able to use initiative.
• Team player, ability to co-operate and accept direction.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Tenacious with attention to detail.
• English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 7.5 if not a native English speaker.
• Arabic speaker
The package will include an annual salary between 200 000 -250 000 SAR; accommodation; annual flight allowance of 5700SAR paid in equal monthly instalments; medical insurance plus an annual entitlement of 35 paid days leave plus public holidays. The contract length will be until end of May 2019 with a 90 day probation period.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results