Job description / Role
The next 5-10 years will see the software industry move away from on-premise software solutions towards software delivery via cloud based services. Oracle number one strength is the size and strength of our software portfolio to which most of the business world is already addicted.
Our vision is to bring this to the Cloud from our app server and development tools to our dataset and people management software. We already have the core infrastructure that all of this is built on.
The future is about providing higher level services that companies can more quickly consume. Oracle poses an interesting concern for companies like Amazon, they are not worried about us catching them on the EC2 side, they are worried more about Oracle 's enterprise customer base and the unique opportunity to convert those customers to cloud.
Oracle plans to manoeuvre the entire company's tech focus to provide this.
Are you an experienced Data Centre Technician that has experience in data centre design/operation, racking, stacking , hardware break fix and everything in between? Interested in new challenges and being part of a newly created team working on critical projects? Then we'd like to talk to you!
An Oracle Data Centre Technician will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the Data Centre Environment. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Centre environment and systems you understand which issues to escalated to the appropriate resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. Expected to improve current processes, and introduce automation with aim towards simplification.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Some travel will be involved. This position involves working on a 24/7 shift rota system. Employment for all candidates is contingent upon satisfactory background checks.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements
- Act as data centre SME liaison to other technical teams & non-technical teams (e.g networking, compute, compliance, business operations)
- Understand internal customer problem and provide technical solution in timely manner
- Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all production server hardware, software
- System board level repair and fault diagnosis to SLAs
- Planning & commissioning new rack positions
- Involvement with the design & commissioning of new whitespaces
- Structured cabling installation is a significant part of this position
- Keep up with the latest technologies and be apply to apply them appropriately
- Adherence to defined Health & Safety processes at all times
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team without friction
Required Data Centre experience
- Thorough understanding of data centre design, including electrical and cooling plant & operation thereof
- Airflow management (hot aisle, cold aisle, containment etc.)
- Rack, stack equipment including commissioning of new racks
- Strong structured cabling skills on fibre & copper (e.g looming, term & test)
Required systems & hardware expertise
- Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
- Hardware repair, diagnosis & break / fix
- Networking fundamentals (DNS, TCP/IP, basic troubleshooting)
- IT Hardware Concepts (RAID, SAN, x86 architecture, SCSI, FC, ethernet, iLO)
- Base Operating System Installs and configuration
- Core OS Services: SSH, Telnet, RDP, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP etc.
Is this the challenge you are looking for ? If you meet the above requirements, we want to talk to you.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Data Centre Engineer
IT Engineer - Windows
|Abu Dhabi||2 Jun|
Data Centre Engineer - IC3
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
IT Support Assistant