Data Engineer - Client Engineering
IBM Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Technology sales at IBM is evolving it's way of working to break beyond boundaries with innovative approaches. Preferring to 'show' vs. 'tell', Client Engineering co-creates with prospective customers, in real-time, on solutions to their hardest business challenges.
As an Engineer within Client Engineering, you'll be be a key player in a multi-disciplinary team made up of Architects, Data Scientists, Designers, Developers, and Business Strategists. The brightest minds collaborating with clients as one team, and contributing to experiential working sessions. The outputs of which produce minimal viable product (MVP), enterprise-scale solutions at lean, start-up speed.
Excellent onboarding training will set you up for success, whilst ongoing development will continue to advance your career through its upward trajectory. Our sales environment is fast-paced and supportive. Always part of a team, you'll be surrounded by leaders and colleagues who are always willing to help and be helped - as you support MVPs and proofs of concept (PoC) that compel clients to invest in IBM's products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer, you will develop, maintain, evaluate, and test Data solutions. You will be involved in data engineering activities like creating pipelines/workflows for Source to Target and implementing solutions that tackle the clients needs.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Design, build, optimize and support new and existing data models and EL processes based on our clients Business requirements.
- Build, deploy and manage data infrastructure that can adequately handle the needs of a rapidly growing data driven organization.
- Coordinate data access and security to enable data scientists and analysts to easily access to data whenever they need too.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Data Engineers with Spark, Spark SQL, CI/CD, any ELT/ETL tool (Preferably Talend)
- Work experience on AWS or any other cloud would be an added advantage
- Experience in agile (scrum) development methodology
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Some understanding of data architecture principles, including data access patterns and data modelling
- Strong development/automation skills
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.