Job description / Role
As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients' data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it's investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- We are looking for a Data Scientist with big data platform experience.
- We value problem solving skills and an attitude towards learning, great communication and accountability.
- Qualified candidate will be working in a presales team to promote and sell IBM Data & AI portfolio to CDO's and Data Scientist's across industries.
- Skills include mathematical optimization, statistics, discrete-event simulation, rules programming and predictive analytics. | CPLEX, ODM, Anylogic, Arena, SPSS, SAS, R & Python
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field, computer science or similar field
- Strong knowledge of data scientist tools required. (e.g. R, Python, Scala, Jupyter, Spark mLib, PySpark, TensorFlow etc.)
- 5 to 8 years' experience building and implementing predictive models, including data discovery, data preparation/cleaning, model validation, and evaluation
- Experience in statistics, machine learning models and algorithms
- Experience in developing applications on HDFS/HBase, with HIVE, Hadoop, Spark jobs
- Experience working in agile development methodology.
- Experience in data modelling and data visualization
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a concise and actionable manner
- Mathematical, statistical and computational fluency to build models that can make good predictions
- Analytical thinking
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Candidate should combine deep data and analytics skills with strong business acumen to solve business problems by understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to predict emerging trends and provide recommendations to optimize business results.
- Responsibilities include working with CDOs and Data Scientists to offer Big Data solutions by understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to predict emerging trends and provide recommendations to optimize business results.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.