Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
This is to source one (1) Data Scientist to handle the following roles/functions:
- Collects large amounts of data using analytical, statistical, and programming skills
- Responsible to use data to develop solutions tailored to meet the organization's unique needs
- Uses statistical and analytical methods plus AI tools to automate specific processes within the organization
- Helps the organization analyze trends to make better decisions
- Design and develop a data warehouse
- Use appropriate tool to pull, merge and analyze data
- Analyze raw data by using statistical and mathematical techniques and computing
- Design predictive data models
- Address data analytics challenges (e.g. collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges, and communicate with interested parties)
- Automate and integrate processes
- Develop and maintain databases, and data systems - reorganizing data in a readable format
- Build data visualizations and perform analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data
- Analyze local, national, and global trends that impact both the organization and the industry
- Prepare reports for the management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Troubleshoot the reporting database environment and reports
- B achelor's Degree in Data Science or Computer Science (Master's Degree is preferred)
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3 in relevant field
- Experience with common data science toolkits such as R, SQL and Python; familiarity with AI tools is an asset
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlik Sense, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics and statistics
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation Skills
- Strong time management skills
- Dedication to high-quality work output
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.