Job description / Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Data Protection and Encryption Services Consultant (based in Riyad, Saudi) is responsible for deploying and supporting the Guardium suite of security products including I BM Guardium Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) and Guardium Data Encryption for IBM customers. The Data Security and Encryption Services Consultant will be a key performer and critical team member in delivering IBM DAM, Encryption and Data Security projects across some of the most exciting clients in Saudi Arabia and the region. The candidate will help implement infrastructure and run long term Encryption and DAM projects and programs that support a holistic Data Security Protection. The candidate should be knowledgeable about how DAM & Encrpytion fits into the broader Security Program and generally understand Data Security concepts around data loss prevention (DLP), tokenization and masking, database activity monitoring, Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) and be able to convey security offering capabilities during pursuits. You will help drive a data-centric protection agenda for clients that is tool agnostic, bringing the best that IBM and its strategic partners have to offer around structured data protection to clients.
Required and Preferred consulting and technical skills
- Consider, understand and document client requirements
- Effective writing, communication and presentation skills
- The ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Challenge the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Engage with other teams in IBM Security and the wider IBM, to put a value proposition to clients and help win new business;
- Deliver agreed pieces of work either as team lead or as part of a team.
- Understanding of concepts involving Encryption/Tokenization, Database Activity Monitoring technologies, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) etc for clients to help address risk and to enhance our clients' security posture.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with SQL language,
- Knowledge and understanding of relational databases
- Excellent understanding of data encryption
- Understanding of enterprise authentication and web security
- Excellent understanding of the internet protocols TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS etc.
- Experience of public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Will have the ability to help architect DAM solutions for customers.
- Ability to work with clients to understand requirements and problem-sets and design solutions to address their Data Protection needs and DAM use cases.
- Willingness to learn new technology and explore the Data Security product space and assess technology from vendors.
- Guardium industry experience is mandatory
- Understanding Network and product software security concepts is desirable
- Understanding of enterprise application environment architecture is desirable
- Experience with Big Data technology and environments is desirable
- Experience with cloud environments is desirable
- Experienced with database environments such as Oracle, Informix, SQL Server, UDB/DB2, Informix, MySQL, Teradata and/or Sybase is desirable
You will be able to apply a consulting approach using knowledge gained from previous roles, experiences and engagements, IBM's intellectual capital, knowledge of the market/industry, and your own research to address client's security challenges.
This includes working as a team member with client personnel to identify functional and non-functional requirements and subsequently working on the identification, justification and design of the client's solution.
We pride ourselves on being vendor neutral and developing solutions that are the best fit for our customers' requirements. This means you won't just work with IBM technology; you will work with technology from of our alliances and other vendors.
Are you passionate about keeping current and open to new ideas? To develop your knowledge, along with the cooperative nature of the team, you will be encouraged to constantly learn and improve by visiting industry events and workshops. You will also have access to the global IBM education portal which you are also encouraged to explore as we believe that education and development should not be exclusively security based. Making time to think and explore leads us to develop new ideas and to be better able to help our clients. We are focused on developing talent and industry leading skills. IBM believes in career growth and flexibility. If your desire is to help empower people with unmatched security while working in a supportive and engaging environment, your career and your future will be made with IBM.
Projects are based across the Saudi Arabia, often on client premises. The expectation of team members is that they will travel to support clients on site across the region if need arises. All permanent IBM employees have the opportunity to apply to work flexibly under the IBM Flexible Working Policy. Any flexibility is subject to prior management approval in line with business needs.
- Create architectural designs that translate into solution requirements
- Creating & delivering the solution element of security proposals, this could be administrative, operational or technical
- Assisting Sales with responding to requests for proposals and plan the strategy for a given client in responding to client engagements.
- Defining and creating a solution that meets the client's requirements, is deliverable and commercially viable
- Understanding the Risk Posture of the client, including their drivers and apatite, legal, regulatory and compliance drivers for the client
- Understanding the functional and non-functional requirements of the system
- Refining the Security architecture to support the functional design
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 8-10 years' experience as Guardium Data Encryption Consultant or DAM Consultant defining and delivering data security solutions in complex multi-technology environments
- Proposal & Solution shaping & development
- Requirement definition and refinement
- Experience Delivering large projects/Architectures for at least two of the following Data Security Technologies: Guardium DAM, Guardium Data Encryption, CASB, DLP, Classification, Data Labeling etc
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Stakeholder and scope management
- A recognized certification in security appropriate to the role for example: CISSP, CISMP, CompTIA Security +, ITIL qualification etc.
- Fluency in English
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.