Job description / Role
• Responsible for the administration of DB2 subsystems and associated software on the client’s mainframes on latest DB2 Version
• This SENIOR position involves the full spectrum of DB2 system programming activities, including product installation, customization, deployment, software tools integration, exploitation, and performance analysis activities. Implement, upgrade, Migrate and support DB2 and related vendor products.
• Monitor and tune DB2 daily performance, resolving problems as needed.DB2 Internal tuning (buffer pools, DASD (SMS), performance reports (PM, OMEGAMON, CA tools).Application tuning (database design review, SQL tuning, stored procedures, triggers , user defined functions, again reports).
• Implement TCP/IP access to DB2 using DRDA Compare DB2/connect with Star/SQL gateway and make recommendation.
• Work closely with Applications Development and systems programmers in z/OS, DB2, Networking and other groups. Provides skills transfer to existing staff.
• Recent and extensive knowledge of latest DB2 Versions is a must.
• Disaster Recovery experience (planning, recovery, RRDF).
• Distributed processing (inter sub-system, DRDA both client and DB2 connect) using either TCP/IP DRDA or SNA/DRDA and make recommendations.
• Knowledge of other databases (DB2 UDB, Oracle or SQL Server) as well as DB2 Extender is helpful.
• Knowledge of application languages/tools (Visual Basic, C, C++, PERL, REXX, COBOL, Power Builder and COOLGEN) is helpful.
• Thorough working knowledge of DB2 utilities .
• Knowledge of Data Warehousing, Data replication programs/tools is a plus.
• Work well independently and with others with minimal supervision
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, to staff and executive management.
About the Company
Arabian Control Systems Co. Ltd. (ACS) is a management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 250 people serving clients all over the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the Kingdom’s most successful companies, ACS collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments.