Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Job Description Summary
The Human Capital (HC) team at PwC includes Human Resources, Learning & Development, and Talent Management professionals. The HC team's vision is to attract, develop, reward and manage diverse and authentic leaders, at all levels, who build strong relationships and serve our clients well. We do this by partnering with our business leaders to engage and retain our people through listening to their needs and designing innovative people solutions. Our goal is to ensure PwC remains an employer of choice and delivers a unique people experience
The Opportunity: Manager, Human Capital
Reporting to the Deals Human Capital Business Lead this role is responsible for leading proactive, strategic and consultative HC. This will be accomplished through collaboration with a team of HC professionals
- Partner with Line of Service (LoS) leadership and partners to support and proactively advise the LoS business and people strategy
- Work collaboratively with other Human Capital managers and peers to drive a "one-firm" approach
- Manage performance management systems, safety and recreation programs
- Support in the annual performance appraisal process to ensure consistency and fairness of the process and outcomes based on LoS guidance
- Provide input into policies, programs and processes as necessary
- Participate, when required, in HC activities relating to the People Strategy, career counseling, coaching, resolution of day-to-day and challenging HC matters
- Coach and develop HC team members to deliver high quality support
- Work with the Talent Pillar to manage and ensure delivery on the local talent strategy, including recruitment, on-boarding, talent identification, mobility, succession planning
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of HC team members
- Support the maintaining of records and compile HC statistical reports as required
- Analyze data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel issues and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related fields is preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years in a series of progressive HR roles, ideally in human resources management, recruitment, performance management
- Good knowledge of principles and procedures for recruitment and selection, performance management, employee relations, HRIS
- Good understanding of HR legislations and processes, local labour laws
- Demonstrated steady progression and advancement with increased responsibilities
- A good understanding of HRM and its link to business strategy
- A good operational HR background with broad experience in implementing comprehensive HR programs in a constantly changing, dynamic environment
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Saudi Nationals
- The ability to communicate effectively, consult with others, build relationships, facilitate group discussions, deliver presentations and understand change management
- Sound judgment and strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze and understand the financial impact of relevant options
- Ability to motivate and effectively coach others
- Professionalism and integrity
- Ability to perform under time constraints to meet deadlines
- A proven track record in conflict resolution
- Ability to manage complex projects
- The ability and desire to work effectively in a matrix organization
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.