Job description / Role
The PwC Middle East Infrastructure Finance team is a part of our global Infrastructure and Project Finance network of over 600 professionals. Our team is integrated across the Middle East and comprises of bankers, accountants, engineers, economists, ex-developers all with a strong track record in the infrastructure and PPP space.
A career with our team means adding value to our clients through advice and support across all facets of the deal lifecycle from conception to deal closure. You can expect to work on projects across a number of sectors such as power and utilities, renewables, social infrastructure and transportation. The work could include advising clients with strategy and concept development, feasibility studies, business plans, due diligence of potential investments/partnerships/acquisitions, bid development advisory, procurement strategies, commercial structuring and financing arrangement.
As a Manager within our team, you will gain experience working across a range of sectors and different products, be responsible for coaching and developing more junior team members and have the opportunity to support the team's business development activities.
You will have responsibility for managing client relationships on a day-to-day basis and access to a network of support to further your development. The position will be based in Riyadh, KSA covering the region's largest infrastructure and PPP market.
- Working closely with a team of junior resources on content creation across various types of deliverables with senior oversight by Director such as Information. Memorandums, Financial Models, project risk matrixes, term sheets, feasibility and concept reports, options analysis, payment structures and senior management presentations.
- Undertaking negotiations with clients on engagement related matters and on behalf of clients on engagements.
- Involvement in business development initiatives, including support to the Director and Partner in identification of new opportunities, producing content for proposals and undertaking research into clients, projects, products and industries.
- Developing and maintaining internal and external networks with various stakeholders such as procurers, regulators and client senior management.
- Coaching junior members of the team on day to day execution activities and more broadly in career progression within the firm.
- Managing internal deal management requirements such as responsibility for all risk and compliance checks on clients and securing all internal approvals.
- Support to the Partners / Directors in franchise development and marketing efforts in social media, thought leadership and sponsored conferences.
- An entrepreneurial and commercial minded approach towards execution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred but not essential).
- Strong MS Office capabilities across PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Exposure to team-based work in a high-intensity environment; ability to work independently.
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, creative, and entrepreneurial environment and to continuously learn and develop business skills.
- Knowledge, interest and experience of the infrastructure and government marketplace.
- Intellectual curiosity with an appetite to learn new skills and markets.
- Ability to grasp complex commercial issues quickly.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills and history of significant client exposure.
- High ambition coupled with the ability to deliver and to work effectively in teams.
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and manage multiple commitments.
- Enthusiasm for participating in marketing and business development.
- Experience of financial modelling (either developing or reviewing).
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- MBA (Finance) from a reputable business school (preferred) or a graduate from a reputable university with a majors in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Economics or Engineering.
- CFA charterholder (preferred but not essential).
- At least 5 years' relevant experience with a Big 4 financial advisory, boutique advisory or a financial institution such as an investment or commercial bank, private equity fund.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.