Job description / Role
We are looking for a Debt Recovery and Legal Manager to support the Engineering, Design, Project Management (EDPM) business in Saudi Arabia.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in debt recovery and is able to manage key strategic clients and evolve relationships to enable the business to truly compete in new arenas
- Provide professional advice to Project Managers & Directors and business management on debt recovery and other issues relating to client accounts
- Ensure client accounts are handled within the Debt Recovery Team efficiently and effectively.
- Processes include referral to legal action of different types: negotiation, mediation, adjudication and litigation.
- Ensure the associated documentation and administration is done to a high standard, following standard procedures.
- Oversee the management of insolvency matters.
- Take appropriate action regarding accounts in default.
- Ensure that reports are produced efficiently and promptly.
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification
- Ability to establish strong client relationships
- Demonstrable experience of successfully operating within a target driven environment. Someone who consistently achieves and often over-delivers their targets.
- Experience and knowledge of Saudi is an absolute requirement for the role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Able to demonstrate experience of building effective networks both internally and external to the organisation
- Able to make significant contributions to recovering debt specifically in Saudi
- Competitive, highly motivated and ambitious for the success of the team
- Proactive, goal oriented individual with superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent team player, able to influence technical and delivery staff and collaborate effectively with other divisional colleagues
- A passion for health & safety and the drive for continuous development of our behavioural safety culture working within Atkins, with our clients and with our suppliers to ensure we minimize incidents across the industry.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- Annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Flight allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).