Job description / Role
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. The care and quality you devote to food preparation as Demi Chef de Partie will result in truly spectacular fare that delights our guests.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to theses:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Liaise daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Complete daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness and quality standards
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for a well-organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a "passion for perfection" and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman's papers or international equivalent required
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.