Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Department Manager - Demand Planner
You will be responsible for overseeing planning and forecasting of future sales and ensuring data integrity on historical sales, marketing & commercial inputs, current trends and customer/store plans with full ownership of the ordering process based on sales predications.
What you'll do:
- You will have strategic vision to develop the business plan of the Department in line with the division objectives
- You will formulate and communicate Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- You will develop the Department policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfillment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the Department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- You will follow-up on escalated cases /issues/questions of team members to ensure they are closed efficiently and in a timely manner
- You will oversee the execution of accurate and timely forecast and demand plan from suppliers to customers/stores
- Oversee the execution of accurate and timely forecast based sales history and gathered information from marketing & commercial
- Adhere to inventory guidelines and provide closed loop feedback regarding forecast trends and accuracy
- Recommend forecasting model/tools targeting optimal forecast accuracy defined by Operations Manager
- Review and challenge SKU level demand plan
- Develop key metrics and measurement for Operations Manager to facilitate effective decision making
- Act as the "head light" of the Group relating to demand/supply issues
- Drive the Sales & Operation process and meetings; align demand plan with sales budget/forecasts; present, solicit and assess feedback on the various sales plans; lead discussions and challenge discrepancies to ensure sales forecasts and demand plans accurately reflect expectations
- Manage the ordering process from budget to return to vendor and work closely with the team in charge of executing the orders
- Challenge inventory control activities
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Ensure optimization of resources through proper manpower planning
What you need to succeed in this role:
- We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content.
More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below:
- Minimum of 7 years in a similar role
- You will have strategic vision and have successful prepared business studies and demand plans
- Effectively executed forecasts and demand plans from suppliers to customers/stores
- Analyst inventory and sales history, whilst working closely with marketing and commercials to ensure accurate data
- Host operational and sales meetings
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Solid understanding of business commercials with business acumen mindset
- Managing successful and affect teams, and passion for developing talent
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts!
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.