This position is closed or expired.
See other Department Manager jobs in Saudi Arabia
Department Manager – H&M
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
H&M offers fashion and quality at the best price through a broad and varied range of fashions for the entire family. The collections are extensive and new items come into the stores every day. This way, the stores are renewed and customers can always find something new at H&M. The goal is that it should be easy and inspiring to shop at H&M. The customers should always be able to find a good deal.
The diversity of the fashion range allows all of the customers to find what they are looking for to complement their own personal style. There are several different concepts within the women's, men's, teenage and children's departments. All in all, the concepts consist of modern basics, current fashions and clothes that reflect the absolute latest international trends. The collections are supplemented by matching accessories, underwear and sleepwear.
The entire fashion range is seasonal. Cut, colours and garment types are constantly being replaced or renewed to keep up with current trends.
The H&M store is now a well-established presence in most prominent shopping streets with considerable customer flows around Europe and in North America. In London, for example, H&M is located on Oxford Street, in Paris on Boulevard Haussman, in Milan on Corso Vittorio Emanuele, in New York on Fifth Avenue and in San Francisco on Powell Street.
The store environment at H&M is comfortable, inspiring and generates well-being. It is very important to give customers ideas and inspire them to choose things that suit their own style. Displays and mannequins are used to provide customers with inspiration for how to match clothes. H&M also helps customers to find their way around the collection and to combine garments and accessories successfully.
* Work with lead a department team to maximize sales & reduce loss through actively working on the shop floor, demonstrating & driving excellent customer service.
* Ensure that associates are highly motivated & developed.
* Act as Manager in Charge in the absence of the Store/Assistant Manager.
* Use sales information to make commercial decisions that will maximize sales & promote outstanding customer service.
* Provide associates with clear direction & ensure co-operation with back of house team.
* Ensure Associates consistently deliver the highest possible levels of customer service.
* Assist in achieving company sales targets.
* Maintain highest possible standards of merchandising, housekeeping & recovery.
* Communicate stock issues to Assistant /Store Manager.
* Ensure Associates are deployed to have the right person in the right place at the right time.
* Ensure all deliveries are correctly received & displayed immediately.
* Ensure all areas of the store are maintained & fully replenished correctly at all times.
* Assist with the planning of activities concerning advertising campaigns & promotions.
* Actively seek opportunities to promote sales & advise team leaders of out of stock & slow selling lines.
* Ensure that associate team is fully informed of department collection, promotions, sales activities & Top Priority Products.
* Work closely with Visual teams to enhance store appearance.
* Ensure Department is Audit compliant & that stock loss is kept to a minimum.
* Complete department checks to ensure mark down, ticketing & tagging compliance.
* Ensure associate awareness of stock loss issues.
* Follow correct cash handling procedures at all times.
* Report any compliance issues to the Store/Assistant Manager.
* Carry out all administrative tasks associated with the team & the running of the Store.* Set clear goals for associates and follows up on them.
* Constantly assess performance & give timely feedback & on the job training.
* Train & develop associates using Company tools.
* Ensure a development plan is in place for all associates.
* Coach, develop and mentor the store team.
* Develop one's own team within the store in liaison with Operations, HR and Training Departments.
* Ensure the highest possible standards of customer service are offered on a daily basis.
* Minimum 2-3 years fashion retail management experience.
* Team leader with the ability to motivate and develop a diverse team.
* Fluent written and spoken English.
* Ability to run the show on the shop floor every day, making the whole thing tick.
* Good communication skills and theÂ ability to cooperate freely in a fast-paced environment because that's how things are on the shop floor.
* Multi level Communication.
* Negotiation skills.
* Interviewing skills.
* Commercially Aware & Business Orientated.
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the worlds most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Changs, The Cheesecake Factory, Victorias Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,800 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshayas stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 44,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.