Job description / Role
• Provide leadership and direction to the management team
• Coach the team to achieve their full potential
• Compliance to all company policies
• Develop a strong safety culture
• Work on long term strategy to ensure key business objectives are met
• Build strong relationship with clients
• Excellence in service and quality
• Continuous improvement
• Budgeting and financial control
• Achieve high standards of safety and ensure development of safety culture amongst all our teams
• Build strong relationship with all the stakeholders, shareholders, clients, employees, and suppliers
• Oversee operation including analysis and forecast of customer shipping requirements, planning and development of logistic programs
• Pursue organic growth, regional expansion, and diversification of business activities
• Maximize profitability through superior customer service and efficient management of existing operations
• Review & analyse financial reports and company performance and provide regular update to the management team
• Monitor progress of multiple major projects
• Deliver major projects on time and on budget
• Ensure that the organizational structure is efficiently planned, and resources are available on time
• Conducting performance evaluations, supporting career and development plans as well as coaching and mentoring
• Ensure that specific, measurable work goals are established and monitored for all members of the business unit
• Continuous improvement of all aspect of the businesses
• MBA preferred or bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
• At least 15 years of operations management experience Managing large 3 PL operations
• Able to lead a large multicultural team
• Experience in the petrochemical downstream industry preferred
• Experience leading large multi-site operations, supply chain, or manufacturing operations
• Knowledge of state-of-the-art operations and logistics
• Experience with executive-level engagement and large-firm operations
• Experience with matrixed strategy implementation in large complex organizations
• Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, or other professional certification
• Experience driving revenue growth, retaining customers, and managing profitability of multiple sites
• Middle East Experience preferred
• Advanced, applied understanding of project management methodologies with focus on managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals
• Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• With Proficiency in MS Office applications, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
• In depth, experience-based knowledge of managing revenue, budgets, operations, problem solving, customer service and managing managers
• Ability to manage the financial aspects of a department purchasing, budget preparations and review, financial reporting, and monitoring expenses
• Knowledge of Strategic Planning processes.
• Ability to develop short and long-range project planning and effectively communicate information to diverse workgroup
• Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, and organizational skills.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
• Flexible to travel locally and internationally
About the Company
S.A. TALKE is a joint venture company between ALFRED TALKE group from Germany, the SISCO group from Jeddah and the Al-JABR group from the Eastern Province.
Established in 2003, S.A. TALKE made a pioneering move by entering the first on-site outsourcing relationship in the region.
Offering a full range of specialized logistics services to the Chemical and Petrochemical industries in Saudi Arabia, S.A. TALKE ensures the highest standards of Safety, Service and Quality in all operations.
Leveraging on ALFRED TALKE’s European competence in design, construction and operation of logistic sites as well as capitalize on wide network knowledge, S.A TALKE provides supply chain solutions including on-site/off-site operations, packaging, storage, transport, complemented by a wide range of value added services focused on the logistics of chemical products.