Job description / Role
• Deputy Port Engineering Manager is a qualified senior engineering position that acts on behalf of the Port Engineering Manager and interfaces with the Port Operator and Port infrastructure maintenance teams.
• Develops and maintains an Action Tracker List to manage the Port Engineering Project for all terminals. Act on behalf of the Port Authority.
• Ensures the engineering port activities are established as per the JCPDI requirement to ensure the JCPDI Port engineering compliance with Port and Marine rules and regulations.
• Reports to the Port Engineering Manager and liaises with different JCPDI Departments, Port Operator and other related environmental Departments and RC Divisions.
• Daily Interface with the Port Operators senior managers on the assigned duties
Experience and Qualifications:
• Saudi Arabian nationals
• Bachelor’s Degree in Port, Marine, Civil or related field.
• 5 years of experience in Ports or Marine Bases in a Senior Management and Engineering role namely related to Terminal Infrastructures, Maritime Divisions, Hydrographic and Heavy Equipment.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point). Engineering
• Software experience (e.g. AutoCAD) and certification to be displayed.
• Ensure a high standard of Engineering and safety are maintained and Environmental and Quality Assurance processes are allowed
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Continually monitor and supervise day to day port engineering activities and operations related to
• Construction, Machinery, Marine Fleet, Buildings, Navigational Channel Assets, Terminal works and all
• Maintenance works, receiving all reports and communications from the ground in an efficient manner.
• Responsible for QHSE and incident investigation duties by ensuring the best HSE practices as per IMO and best industry practice standards with an absolute 0 LTI Goal.
• Ensure all International safety standards from IMO and Maritime Civil Eng. related to Port Areas.
• Ensure that all maintenance activities are updated and have minimum downtime.
• Supervise and be responsible for all maintenance agencies, general cleanliness of all spaces and ensure all maintenance is performed to a high standard and as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Update technical worklists, daily work done reports, action tracker.
• Carry out inspections, report defects, raise paperwork as necessary as required to the technical system.
• Promptly attend any breakdowns reported on the ground by the Port Operator.
• Full inventory control for spares and stores on behalf of the Port Authority.
• Carry out vessel tasks as assigned by Line Manager:
• Ensure all emergency procedures are exercised on a regular basis and to have a thorough understanding of the same around the Port infrastructure.
• Receive, evaluate, and approve the planning of all maintenance activities ensuring NIL downtime.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.
Senior Project Manager
Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||26 Apr|
Project Director - Major Projects (Mixed-Use)
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||6 Jun|
O&M Manager - Drainage
Project Manager - Housing Construction - PMC