Job description / Role
Deputy Port Engineering Manager - Saudi National position - Remote location - Saud Arabia
The Deputy Port Engineering Manager is a qualified senior engineering position that acts on behalf of the Port Engineering Manager and interfaces with the Port Operator and Port infrastructure maintenance teams. Develops and maintains an Action Tracker List to manage the Port Engineering Project for all terminals. Act on behalf of the Port Authority to ensure the engineering port activities are established as per the Clients requirements and to ensure the Ports engineering compliance with Port and Marine rules and regulations.
• Continually monitor and supervise day to day port engineering activities and operations related to Construction, Machinery, Marine Fleet, Buildings, Navigational Channel Assets, Terminal works and all Maintenance works, receiving all reports and communications from the ground in an efficient manner.
• Responsible for QHSE and incident investigation duties by ensuring the best HSE practices as per IMO and best industry practice standards.
• Ensure all International safety standards from IMO and Maritime Civil Eng. related to Port Areas.
• Ensure that all maintenance activities are updated and have minimum downtime.
• Supervise and be responsible for all maintenance agencies, general cleanliness of all spaces and ensure all maintenance is performed to a high standard and as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Update technical worklists, daily work done reports, action tracker.
• Carry out inspections, report defects, raise paperwork as necessary as required to the technical system.
• Promptly attend any breakdowns reported on the ground by the Port Operator.
• Full inventory control for spares and stores on behalf of the Port Authority.
• Carry out vessel tasks as assigned by Line Manager:
• Ensure all emergency procedures are exercised on a regular basis and to have a thorough understanding of the same around the Port infrastructure.
• Receive, evaluate, and approve the planning of all maintenance activities ensuring NIL downtime.
• Saudi National is required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Port, Marine, Civil or related field.
• Minimum Five (5) years of experience in Ports or Marine Bases in a Senior Management and Engineering role namely related to Terminal Infrastructures, Maritime Divisions, Hydrographic and Heavy Equipment.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point). Engineering Software experience (e.g. AutoCAD) and certification to be displayed.
• Ensure a high standard of Engineering and safety are maintained and Environmental and Quality Assurance processes are allowed
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.