Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for a Design Architect in Riyadh, KSA for large developments focused on Residential, Hospitality, Leisure and Infrastructure sectors.
- Responsible for appraising the client's brief, Concept Design (above average ability, or evidence of great potential), schematic design, detail design, tender documents, specifications and site follow up.
- Lead the project team and their own design team pro actively and to coordinate with structural engineers, building services engineers, infrastructure and other sub consultants and specialists.
- Coordinate with and supervise their own team of Architects and Architectural technician on a day-to-day basis to achieve excellent design quality and documentation, and match or better Atkins QA standards.
- To conduct themselves professionally at all times and assure client satisfaction of new and existing clients.
- Report to Head of Department on a regular basis regarding progress, design, quality, resources, changes, site issues, planning issues etc.
- Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of their own work and all the work of their team.
- Responsible for the checking all CAD drawings and documents done under their supervision.
- To plan their project production programme, deliverables and available fee at the beginning of each stage, continuously monitor and ultimately achieve them.
- B. Arch, M.Arch or B.Sc in Architecture and with more 5-7 years post qualification experience and at least 2-3 most recent years in large projects (residential, commercial, mixed use, Hospitality and Healthcare projects)
- Need to have above average concept design abilities, or evidence of great potential.
- Creative and Passionate about design.
- Working knowledge of British and American Standards.
- Reasonable knowledge of the following software: AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, and MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and any 3D software
- Willingness to Travel regionally
- Preferably based in KSA
- Excellent team player
- Sound communicator
- Excellent technical judgement
- Willingness to participate in all aspects of Structural Engineering workload delivery
- Understand the importance of technical accuracy with a high attention to detail
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group. As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region. We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance program
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).