Job description / Role
- Responsible for all management aspects, other than day-to-day work allocation and supervision, of the PMT Engineering group and the liaison with Permanent Office locations for engineering delivery and resource support.
- To ensure Engineering personnel are competent to perform their duties relating to the scope of work for assigned client Onshore Capital Projects.
- To provide leadership in the development and implementation of engineering processes, procedures and systems operating within the Engineering group.
- To ensure the Engineering group is resourced with the correct disciplines and size to deliver to the requirements of the assigned client Onshore Capital Projects.
- Ensuring that assigned client Onshore Capital Projects are managed and delivered to Atkins technical satisfaction.
- Ensuring that assigned client Onshore Capital Projects are managed and delivered to Client's technical satisfaction.
- To provide overall Engineering services ensuring compliance with the Quality Management Plan, HSE Plan, and Project Execution Plan for the assigned client Onshore Capital Projects.
- Deliver Engineering services for assigned client Onshore Capital Projects in accordance with Atkins Engineering Processes, Quality requirements, international and Company standards to meet the Project cost and schedule milestones.
- Engineering functional management ensuring systems are in place to manage holidays, expenses, training and performance evaluation.
- Reputation management ensuring Atkins are recognised as a competent and professional organisation with the resources and systems to effectively provide services to the client.
- Select all temporary and permanent appointments for Engineering personnel for Client approval.
- Understand contract obligations and ensure that all Atkins staff are made aware of their obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act and equivalent Client standards.
- Identifying areas of concern with respect to progress of the Project, recommending corrective actions wherever required and executing when directed by the Client.
- Leading and participating in value Engineering workshops for optimizing scope and design.
- Participating in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Project Health, Safety and Environment Review (PHSER), EIA and HSE exercises for the Project during Conceptual, FEED and detailed design, and implementing the recommendations of such exercises when directed by the Client.
- Participate in key Client reviews and meetings as required.
- Participate in weekly Atkins Assigned Project reviews.
- Participate in Project Management Plan reviews.
- Update and prepare department procedures and work practices as appropriate.
- Provide notification of any potential commercial risk or opportunity to the Project Director for further action.
- Develop a good team spirit within PMT Engineering personnel and encourage team working with the Contractor and other Company groups.
- Provide Engineering input into PMT team forums, discussion groups, new initiatives etc. as required.
- Participate in the development of Atkins initiatives and procedures.
- Participate as part of the Overall PMT developing initiatives and applying effective Engineering and services management for the assigned client Onshore Capital Projects.
- Regularly review and assist in the updating of PMT Procedures and Standards.
- Participate and undertake Technical and Safety Audits within the assigned client Onshore Capital Projects.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Minimum fifteen years post graduate experience.
- Minimum ten years experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Minimum five years experience in the designation.
- Functional management, leadership and team building skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Cultural awareness.
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Business degrees shall be exceptional dependent on position proposed.
- Candidates shall have the required certification and completed training relevant to the position being applied for.
- Hydrocarbon Design Engineering experience is essential. Brownfield and/or grassroots facilities experience (Gas Plants, Refineries, GOSPs, NGL as an example) are the main focus.
- Applications from those with actual design engineering experience practiced either in Europe or North America are preferred.
Rewards and Benefits:
A competitive all inclusive salary
- Accommodation provided
- Transportation sharing or allowance provided
- 22 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme;
- Mobilization/demobilization from the country of origin
- Annual flight(s) provided
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).