Job description / Role
To drive the technical realisation of projects and administers the daily operations of the project design team. The role serves as a critical liaison between the project design team and project management, estimating, automation, production, senior management, and clients.
Our client is a leading giga-project in Saudi Arabia, in line with Saudi Vision 2030. They are currently seeking a senior candidate in Technical Design; who will be responsible for all the design and development of the infrastructure, MEP and utilities in and around their hospitality zone.
* Responsible for overall management of the infrastructure design services provided by others by managing a group of technical specialists.
* Manages the scope development and tendering process by the senior engineering staff for procurement of the design consultants as well as third party reviewers.
* Maintains overall knowledge of drawings, specifications, general contracts, and time schedules.
* Responsible for managing the delivery of the design for the various portions of the numerous projects by verifying consistency in the designs produced by the design consultants with respect to adherence to the design criteria and required standards.
* Provides necessary technical support and design review / audit services to project management team ensuring the correctness and quality of implementation of requirements.
* Ensures all infrastructure design works are comprehensive and discussed with the various engineers for the best implementation and installation of services in coordination with other parties and contractor.
* Participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies in public meetings for the client.
* Monitor all site activities to ensure optimal performance of company assets in accordance with regulatory and company standards
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances. It offers the candidate a chance be a part of one of the giga-projects in line with Saudi Vision 2030.
* Bachelor's degree in Technical Design or Engineering or equivalent (MBA preferable)
* Minimum 15 years of experience in strong technical design with minimum of 5 years directorial and operational experience
* Experience in infrastructure within the hospitality industry preferred.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Ignite Search & Selection