Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould are looking for Technical Director - Master Plan Developments (Infrastructure) to be based in KSA.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
- To achieve the client's objectives for the Residential Program, a Program Management Office is to set up the required delivery tools, systems, processes, and procedures. The PMO will plan, coordinate and guide the townships, while continuously improving organizational performance across the program.
- Working within the PMO, the overall responsibilities and duties under this role are to manage, guide, recommend, advise and instruct the PMO Technical team in executing their duties.
- Moreover, advisement to the client for technical, design obstacles/limitations, constructability issues, design changes that align with the program requirements and the general program vision. Programme Management duties for all Technical Disciplines.
- Offer strategic guidance on the establishment of Engineering and Infrastructure standards, and philosophy for the entire program over all the locations.
- Planning and directing, collaborating, communicating with the design consultant and the master planner design consultant with related public entities regarding transportation issues existing and proposed.
- Establish communication path to resolve possible design issues, provide guidance and align with the project requirements.
- Control-monitor-provide-technical support on every design stage of the program.
- Control-monitor-provide technical support for construction issues and reassure compliance to project specifications and requirements.
- Guide the designer, review concept designs and infrastructure designs against the program requirements, scope of work, specifications, guidelines during design phases and construction phases for all engineering components of the program.
- Develop reports, possible alternative design considerations as needed.
- Proposals to the client regarding suitability, feasibility and constructability of the design, constraints, and solutions that align with the program vision, budget time and quality.
- Program management supervision to PMC's
- Provide guidance and actively resolve major disputes-Audits-Delays-Progress Design and Construction Phase -MP compliance.
- Review and approval of variation orders.
- Implementation sustainability in terms of the project scope, function, schedule, cost, safety, and quality.
- Ensure compliance with statutory, administrative, and regulatory requirements by laisse, direct and oversee the design progress form concept models to final and construction implementation, including assisting and providing support to the design consultants during the permit procedure related issues with public entities.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- PMO Technical Team
- Interface with Government entities (i.e. ADA, SEC, etc.) PMC's,
- External Master Planners, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, etc.
- Primary Technical Interface with the program entities.
- Minimum 20 years relevant experience
- BSc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited University which will allow registration with Saudi Council of Engineers.
- Design and Construction of mixed-use design projects (i.e. Residential, Commercial, Institutional). Design and Construction Management PMC and or PMO.
- Extensive experience in Design Management and Project Management of large scale multi-disciplinary projects.
- Owner/Developer and/or Contractor and Consultant experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills.
- Previous experience in a mega projects environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Organised and self-motivated.
- Prior experience in leading multi discipline teams.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).