Job description / Role
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel is our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
TROJENA (The Mountains of NEOM) will be an iconic, world-class destination, blending natural and developed landscapes and will offer unique experiences for residents and visitors alike. Located in the northwest of Saudi Arabia in the region of Tabuk just 50km from the coast, TROJENA will be a destination like no other on earth. Based upon the principles of eco-tourism facilities will include a folded vertical village, a lake with water sports and event facilities, high altitude ski village, observatory, world leading health and wellbeing facilities and a nature reserve which will be home to unique wildlife, heritage sites and exploration opportunities.
With over 3,600 hotel, 2,200 homes, 9 iconic buildings and 100 world class indoor and outdoor experiences Trojena will become the ultimate mountain destination. Bechtel will provide a full range of project management services to support the delivery of this iconic destination.
Assigned to the Engineering functional group to provide guidance and direction to one or more disciplines within project and construction engineering groups working on the site wide infrastructure work consisting of Temporary facilities, Roads and Utilities being built for Trojena project. Design manager’s position is responsible for the review of plans, specifications, constructability, and conformance to regulatory agency requirements. Performs duties with a high degree of latitude, exercising independent judgment and reason.?Provides technical guidance and administrative direction to other Engineers and other support groups. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and teamwork skills, proven problem-solving abilities, and the desire to innovate designs as well as the work processes.
Bechtel Saudi Arabia (SABCO) offers competitive salaries, project assignment incentives, free accommodations, as well as regular rotational leaves. Bechtel employees pride themselves on challenging work, accomplishments, rewards all of which are guided by the company values and commitment to keeping us safe. Our project teams thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we are hiring qualified professionals to help execute this exciting project.
• Reviews and implements project plans, standard engineering details and specifications including material specifications for constructability and conformance to regulatory requirements and productivity improvement.
• Monitors and manages progress of the Design and Built Contractor.
• Coordinates design to ensure they are issued in accordance with the schedule and meets client specifications.
• Providing feedback on design ideas to improve them or identifying issues that need to be addressed.
• Review multi discipline design drawings.
• Plan/Review Pre concept layout, building layout and IFC .
• Conduct review meeting and prepares weekly summary reports .
• Involved closely with engineering consultants in review of submitted design specifications.
• Ensuring multi-disciplinary design drawings and deliverables are aligned with Neom specification, standard and timeline on the design development to IFC stage.
• Prepare essential contractual documents such as Scope of Work, Request for Proposal (RFP) and Information Report.
• Interface with clients and stakeholders to make presentations, define project layout requirements, and obtain contractual and statutory approvals.
• Prepare and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates and quantity take-offs.
• Support the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and job satisfaction.
• Broad knowledge of all phases of engineering, field activities, production techniques, building materials, and construction methods for development of a Site wide Infrastructure.
• Infrastructure experience work and coordination work for all design matters.
• Understands technical issues and cost related to selection of design features and engineering design requirements.
• Broad knowledge of environmental compliance laws and requirements.
• Broad knowledge of government compliance standards.
• Understanding and experience of recognized software used in engineering Design.
• Broad knowledge of the building industry, regulatory standards.
• Experienced with the practices and procedures as well as Design Codes and Standards.
• Has experience with engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating.
• Skilled in oral and written communication and has presentation skills.
• Communicates technical issues and recommends solutions.
• Experienced with managing knowledge of sustainability and its integration into the design.
• Familiar with discipline-specific design workflows and impacts to discipline productivity, schedule, budget, and staffing plans.
Skills & Qualifications:
• A recognized Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, from an accredited college or university with a minimum overall experience of 20 years.
• Minimum 15 years’ of progressive experience in Infrastructure projects.
• Experience in planning and program management.
• Relevant experience in the KSA and MENA region and a sound understanding of the cultural norms and requirements of the region.
• Strong English language communication and report writing skills.
• Ability to prepare clear strategic planning procedures and user-friendly templates to assist entities in undertaking forward, strategic planning.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Design Suite software programs.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player and have a knowledge sharing approach.
• Ability to solve problems by thinking laterally and be able to understand the needs and requirements of the client and various entities.
• Must be able to work within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team and manage challenging multi-cultural relationships across a range of entities.
• Must be self-driven and able to plan and execute work without direct supervision from senior management and/or peers.
• Must be flexible and adapt to working in a demanding environment, including the need to travel and work remotely if / when required.
About the Company
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.