Job description / Role
Parsons’ extensive experience in this field, combined with your management and technical guidance, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our Engineering Managers to be versatile as well as have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills. In this role you provide management and direction for one Engineering department or a major section within one of the larger disciplines. You will recruit, interview, and evaluate prospective employees as well as hire, offer personnel development, conduct performance evaluations, counsel employees, takes corrective actions (as required), and approves terminations. One of your roles will include ensuring that new employees receive orientation on company policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves discipline staffing budget estimates and staffing assignment schedules on each project. Reviews and approves staff forecasting reports.
- Monitors the quality and progress of the discipline on each project, ensuring that production requirements are satisfied.
- Works closely with Project Managers to resolve any existing or forecasted problems related to discipline staffing, quality of work, schedule performance or productivity.
- Establishes standards and procedures manuals for the discipline. Recommends improvements to department procedures.
- Supervises the preparation of the discipline's annual salary plan and controls salary actions within the approved plan.
- Responsible for overall managerial and technical direction of the discipline. Recruits, interviews, and evaluates prospective employees. Hires, offers personnel development, conducts performance evaluations, counsels, takes corrective action, as required and approves terminations.
- Ensures that new employees receive orientation on company policies and procedures.
- Supports precontract and business development efforts as required, serving as technical consultant.
- Ensures performance within overhead budgets assigned to the discipline.
- Actively participates in and promotes the Quality Improvement Program.
- Heads a committee within the discipline, striving to motivate and educate the assigned personnel.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related field)
- 20+ years of related work experience, including supervisory/managerial experience
- Significant managerial experience of a large group of Engineers, Designers, and technical support personnel
- Professional Engineer registration with active membership in a professional engineering society may be required
- Proven ability for managing a large group of engineering/technical personnel, directing work involving complex technical situations
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and the capabilities and efficiencies of specific engineering software for use in completing engineering assignments
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.