Job description / Role
My client is known for their practical idealism and are motivated by meeting their client needs and by contributing to the greater good of our society. They are one of the leading architectural and engineering consultancy practice based in Saudi Arabia. They have successfully executed a vast number of building and infrastructure projects in Saudi Arabia and across the Middle East, North Africa, and Europe.
• To manage the design and tender stages of major building projects from initial concept through the various design phases to issue of tender documentation as well as the tender process leading to award of construction contracts.
• Reporting to assigned Project Director and/or Senior Management, the appointment involves acting as the firm’s senior representative in all technical matters with clients as well as managing resources and controlling progress and internal expenditure to ensure successful completion of projects within budget and to the satisfaction of clients.
In addition to management of active projects, the role also involves preparation of technical and financial proposals for new projects if needed.
• Planning and organizing internal manpower and resources over the duration of projects.
• Ensuring that work during the design and tender stages is executed in accordance with contractual requirements and the firm’s objectives in terms of quality and cost.
• Ensuring that client objectives in respect of project budget and programme are met.
• Ensuring that all necessary regulatory approvals are obtained.
• Ensuring proper coordination between all architectural and engineering design disciplines.
• Interfacing and coordinating with joint venture partners/international design consultants where applicable.
• Procuring and/or managing specialist sub-consultant services where required.
• Preparing technical and financial inputs to proposals for new projects.
• Suitable candidates will hold a Bachelors Degree in Architecture Engineering.
• Must have at least 15 years’ experience in architectural engineering design of major building projects.
• 3 years of which should have been in a managerial role.
• Thorough knowledge of their specific field of expertise.
• Candidates should have good all-round knowledge and understanding of the building design process, including technical aspects of the various architectural and engineering disciplines as well as project cost control, value engineering and scheduling requirements.
• Candidates will also be familiar with international standards for design, methods of measurement and forms of contract for construction projects.
• Proven leadership and organizational abilities with the capability and personality to lead large multi-disciplinary project design teams.
• A high level of communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge and experience of quality management and quality control procedures applicable to the design process.
• Familiarity with modern design office management systems.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Project Manager(Design Background)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Project Manager - Architect
|Saudi Arabia||11 Apr|
Qatar Project Management (QPM)