Job description / Role
• Is one of the top 5 international engineering consultancy in the world.
• Performs specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
• Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
• Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
• Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
• Identifies discrepancies in results.
• Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
• Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
• Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design elements for engineering works.
• Performance at this level requires developmental experience in a professional position
• Reporting to the Design Review Manager (DRM) the Design Review Engineer (DRE) will have responsibility for the review of requirements associated with PMCM role to provide design reviews for all Infrastructure development by both the O&M provider and the Infrastructure manager and where required verify contractor’s activities related to the design required by each contract; such as design of permanent and temporary structures, highway works, depots, workshops, utilities, systems, ITS equipment, communication elements and infrastructure.
• Undertake design review for all aspects of the O&M provider and the Infrastructure managers design related activities Ensure quality and timely delivery of design review deliverables in accordance with the agreed schedule and plan
• Participate in technical reviews and progress reporting and liaising with internal clients.
• Ensure that the performance of contractors is in accordance with respective scope of services, standards, requirements and conditions of agreements.
• Provide update reports to the Design Review Manager or project manager and clients when requested
• Ensure Design Review deliverables are coordinated and the timely submission of submittals, deliverables, reviews and approvals against contract requirements.
• Report to the Design Review manager or designated leader advice on any deviations from the same.
• Adhere to Health and Safety and Quality measures and associated policies.
• Provide design advice, reports, and liaise with all internal departments as required.
• Coordinate assignments between the interfacing department teams as required
• Communicate and liaise with all project personnel in a professional manner.
• Adhere to Design review principles in terms of Quality, ensuring personal responsibility of design outputs as being properly checked and in line with the design brief and quality standards.
• Review and recommend approval as required to the DRM design standards proposals to be used by the Contractors for compliance with the contract;
• Asset in the preparation of responses to all all design related requests for clarification sent by the Contractor
Education and Qualification:
• 10 years’ experience in relevant design discipline;
• Disciplines include highways, transportation, ITS, civil engineering, structural
• Arabic and English writing and speaking
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Design Manager - Client Side
Ignite Search & Selection