Design Review Specialist – Underground Infrastructure
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Project: This is an opportunity to be involved in the delivery of major sports stadia and associated projects in Saudi Arabia. Mace are currently bidding for this program which will require high-caliber and experienced people to lead teams throughout each phase of the project.
To work as a dedicated team reviewing the lead Design consultant's design information progressively and providing coordinated commentary and feedback to the appointed Senior Design manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing, implementing, and maintaining a clear understanding of PM-CM and DRS procedures and policies as outlined in the design review manual and other division-published materials and ensuring work is carried out accordingly.
• Performing invasive design reviews of relevant discipline (MEP, Civil, Structural, etc) documentation that will achieve the department’s vision and goals as well as the client and project goals at the same time.
• Performing design reviews on varied projects during an intense design period.
• Attending design review workshops and meetings in person; participating in VC, audio, and/or phone conference calls and other similar meetings with clients, consultants, local authorities, and other design review team members.
• Performing design review services for all projects and as directed by the SDM/team leader.
• Providing specific and comprehensive commentary within each assigned design review.
• Reporting in an agreed and collaborative form.
• Preparing written documentation such as letters, minutes, meeting notes, and commentary for design review reports, schedules, emails, and others as required.
• Ensuring all written content are in a diplomatic manner and is based only upon pure facts that have been proven and demonstrated in the industry and do provide design advise or guidance.
• Reviewing all design documentation deliverables including but not limited to; drawings and specifications at all design phases and determining the following; compliance with the project design brief, project goals, and objectives, building code compliance, design optimization, set quality of design is achieved, design efficiency, determine risks and opportunities, determine cost saving solutions, functionality, effective space planning appropriate material selection, quality of coordination of documentation with other disciplines, conduct QAQC and ensure the client receives added value from the design review services.
• Conducting value engineering assessments and activities as part of the design review process in collaboration with the appointed SDM.
• Ensuring the client's brief, intention, and concerns, the project design brief, goals, and objectives are obtained, reviewed and clearly understood so compliance is determined and recorded accurately in the design review report.
• Performing the role of job captain and/or design review team leader was requested for any design review project as required, managing, supervising, and coordinating all efforts of the assigned design review team to ensure the entire report is well coordinated and ready for submission within the required time constraints, ensure the quality of the content meets the department standard and the QAQC process has been successfully implemented as outline in the design review manual and meets the client’s needs.
• Coordinating efforts for design reviews with other design review team members in all disciplines such as architectural, interior design, MEP, structural, landscape, master planning, CQS, project directors, project managers, design managers, internal department directors, technical managers, project administrator, and document control and others as required.
• Traveling to destinations where design review workshops and other meetings are required to be held for the purpose of undertaking the department’s services as directed by the SDM/team leader.
• Supervising other specialist reviewers that perform design review services that are not of the core management team of the department.
• Contributing to the development and improvement of the department's business, processes, and systems, and assisting with other tasks that help meet the department’s vision, goals, and objectives.
• Providing guidance and training to client team members and others that will achieve the department goals and objectives.
• Undertaking all design review assignments and other management tasks as set by the design.
• Reviewing services manager (DRSM).
• Having responsibilities of DDRS, DRSM, or other DRS team members when required.
• Assisting the DDRS and/or DRSM with the preparation and development of proposals to clients for potential new work.
• You have a suitable degree qualified in the appropriate discipline with current professional membership, you are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships, and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.