Job description / Role
• Responsible for the efficient control of an engineering unit. Provides professional engineering discipline support to the program projects with emphasis on promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity and quality of the project design in conformance with approved standards and codes. Provides guidance to peers.
• Support the section supervisor to meet the development program requirements
• Coordinates the section activities with those of other sections within the engineering department
• Provides technical guidance of personnel with the section
• Provides technical advice to client and company departments.
• Represents the section at project and inter-sectional meetings, as appropriate
• Prepares technical specification and scope of work descriptions
• Prepares/reviews request for proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts
• Provides technical assistance during the pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences.
• Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specification and calculation submittals and coordinates with the work of other disciplines.
• Review vendor/shop drawings, and construction material submittals.
• Performs field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction phases.
• Prepare interface layouts and conflicts solutions.
• Prepare or review man-hour estimates for design fee proposals.
• Prepares technical correspondence, reports, and studies.
Experience and Qualifications:
• 4 Years Bachelor degree in civil engineering with 15 years’ post-graduate professional experience with 5 years as lead discipline or team leader.
• Design experience of general civil works with experience in hydrology, hydraulics analysis, and calculations.
• Proficiency in Civil 3D design, conversant and has working knowledge of industry standard software in civil engineering design.
• At least 5 years’ experience in designing roads, grading and underground utility systems for infrastructure of residential, commercial and industrial development.
• Professional registration in the appropriate discipline is desirable.
• Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• A proven track record of technical and administrative ability in design management.
• Must be knowledgeable with the civil works standards.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.