Job description / Role
A world renowned Developer is seeking to recruit a highly experienced Development Director to head up a key island project. The Development Director is responsible for managing the development of assets on the island and associated Islands, from project inception to delivery and handover/occupation, with particular emphasis on maximizing return on invested capital and operating profitability, including management of cashflow, through close coordination with Company Finance and all Company Sectors and Departments.
In addition to working closely with the Urban Planning (UP), Finance and Development teams to review and endorse concept strategy, development program and business case for "the Island", the Development Director shall lead, direct and manage the development of strategies and development programs for the island and associated Islands including targets for asset classes (quantum, mix, quality, price points, etc.), market assessments, socio economics value creation strategies, phasing, marketing strategies and investor attraction.
The Development Director shall also collaborate with colleague leaders across the Proponent, Sector and Department teams to enhance culture of development excellence and elevate the quality of built assets, to deliver the Company vision on time, on budget and to the highest international standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
• Report to the Proponent ED and manage, co-ordinate and direct all aspects of asset development.
• Lead, coordinate and oversee Real Estate development, planning, and finance, including any proposed Public/Private Partnerships (PPP's).
• Capitalize on extensive knowledge and experience of concept strategies, development programs and business cases to review and recommend endorsement of all stages of project proposal before proceeding to master planning phases.
• Collaborate closely and work in conjunction with the other Sector heads , to define master plan and agree the infrastructure assets required for, and to be delivered, in the regions thereon.
• Identify and define strategy for delivery of the phasing and the development strategy, in coordination with all required company Sectors and Departments.
• Ensure business cases are executed and delivered to the best interests, and financial benefit, of the company and manage stakeholder relationships at all levels, particularly any joint venture stakeholders.
• Identify regulatory requirements and ensure corporate governance required to operate in the identified framework.
• Oversee, lead and mentor direct and outsourced completion of all aspects of the development process including legal framework, contract negotiations, procurement, consultant/contractor appointment and project execution.
• Ensure all technical procedures adapted meet with approved Company corporate operational objectives.
• Oversee direct reports to actively implement risk mitigation measures to ensure business cases are secured to meet profit and turnover targets.
• Manage direct reports to ensure that feasibility, program, design, technical, quality and leasing specifications of projects are achieved through to completion and handover.
• Provide regular feedback with regard to Business Plans, including project status, risk and approved feasibility hurdle rates to the Executive Director.
• Coordinate and organize all development disciplines, with the objective of harmonizing the diversified functions to deliver completed projects in accordance with approved business case objectives.
• Prepare RFP and other procurement plans for the delivery of the assets, as required.
• Manage interfaces between various Company entities to ensure strict adherence to the agreed delivery schedules and develop contingency recovery schedule, as and when required.
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
20+ years extensive experience in leading and delivering multi-asset and multi-disciplinary, complex developments, at least 10 of which in a senior management role.
• Detailed knowledge of, and fully conversant with, development of concept strategies, development programs and business cases for regional and urban developments.
• Proven track record in relevant real estate development, technical competence across all property development disciplines and P&L accountability.
• In-depth understanding of economic and business/venture strategies with ability to problem-solve and make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment, with good knowledge of technology to support business management.
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, design related tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent communicator (verbal and written) and a good command of English and ability to present confidently to small and large audiences
• Proven ability to build professional relationships and trust, with colleagues and internal and external stakeholders alike, with interpersonal skills to build effective relationships across all levels of the organization.
• Fully computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office applications, good knowledge of Microsoft Project, Primavera P6 is desirable
• The Director position requires total commitment and flexibility to achieve key, strategic targets that may require working additional hours.
• Strong leadership ability and rational judgement and reasoning skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively at design office, site, management, and client levels.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Admin., Economics, Real Estate, from an accredited university – MBA is desirable.
• Professional registration and accreditation with Economics, Real Estate, etc.
• Minimum 20+ years' experience and proven track record in leading and delivering multi-asset, complex developments with partners, with 10 years in a senior management role, preferably in the Middle East.
• Excellent communication skills, with high standard of English (oral and written).
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
Head of Major Projects (Senior Project Director)
|Saudi Arabia||10 Mar|
Ignite Search & Selection
Ignite Search & Selection