Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Gas Reservoir Characterization Department is seeking a development geophysicist to join the Department.
Gas Reservoir Characterization Department aims to Characterize and assess gas resources of developed fields at the highest definition required through building and maintaining always-ready integrated earth models to assess and update all in-place gas resources, support the optimization of gas field development and ensure excellence in well placement.
The successful candidate requires to work within a multi-disciplinary team. The candidate's primary responsibility is to interpret and integrate geophysical and geological data over producing fields for integrated reservoir study and well placement. Essentially this role is responsible for utilizing sound geophysical principals to assist in seismic data processing and seismic data Pre-stack and Post-stack seismic inversion products. Also, provides technical support and mentoring young professionals.
The candidate's responsibility is to analyse and interpret various types of geophysical data, for contribution to integrated reservoir studies to contribute to 3D static and dynamic reservoir models and well placement. This includes the following tasks:
- Provide seismic reservoir characterization by performing seismic structural and stratigraphic interpretation, seismic attributes analyses and modeling.
- Analyze and integrate rock physics property and appropriate seismic attributes, post-stack/ pre-stack inversion to generate seismically-driven reservoir property distribution maps, and detailed structural and stratigraphic interpretation.
- Map faults and fractures utilizing seismic attributes.
- Perform a detailed geo-hazard analysis for well planning using available seismic data and contribute to well placement.
- Recommend and plan the acquisition of borehole seismic data (VSP).
- Plan and supervise pre-stack and post-stack seismic processing and analysis for qualitative and quantitative reservoir characterization.
- Provide subsurface support to well operations, including optimizing well location, trajectory, and well documentation.
- Provide mentoring and technical assistance to young professionals
- Take critical decisions and solve problems.
- Work in multidiscipline teams.
- Holds a bachelor degree or higher in geophysics.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in oil industry with 10 years as reservoir/development geophysicist.
- Extensive experience in technical geophysics tasks such as well to seismic tie, seismic interpretation, and qualitative and quantitative seismic attribute.
- Experience in velocity modelling for depth conversion, including uncertainty range estimation is required
- Good understanding of seismic acquisition and processing, rock physics, seismic inversion, and AVO.
- Have strong teamwork skills and able to work in multicultural environment.
- Effective ability to communicate in English language verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation skill.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.