Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking Digital Architect to join the Digital Platforms & Architecture Design Division at Digital Transformation organization. The position will be supporting the core functions of the organization which include platform governance, design authority and providing technical leadership.
The Digital Architect will be responsible for developing digital reference architecture, solution architecture, related standards, architecture patterns and partnering with IT and business stakeholders to create business values across the value chain. Creating and keeping up to date the blueprint and roadmap for technologies that enable interactions both internal and external digital stakeholders.
The Digital Architect shall demonstrates competencies in understanding business objectives. This involves having a deep understanding of business outcomes, capabilities, value streams and processes, and linking them to the portfolio of solutions (including projects, products, services and other systems).
Digital Architect also provides guidance on best practices, new trends, approaches, and impending digital technologies. As well as, interacts with stakeholders to define future states while continuing to oversee current technologies and architectures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accelerate digitalization by working closely with key stakeholders to develop the digital strategy, roadmaps and partner with implementation teams to ensure the successful delivery of the digital platforms.
- Review and analyze user requirements, recommend and develop solution proposals to meet customer's requirements and ensuring the alignment with enterprise wide digital architecture strategy.
- Perform digital architecture governance function by conducting formal reviews of the project artefacts to ensure alignment with the overall digital architecture vision.
- Develop policies and standards for digital platforms governance.
- Develop policies and standards for solution architecture.
- Develop and maintain digital platform architecture blue prints.
- Keep up to-date with the latest digital technology trends, performing POCs and acting as a Coach for the adoption of the latest digital technologies.
- Conduct technical evaluation of solutions, platforms, and new technologies
- Communicate and present Digital architecture proposals to peers and senior management.
- Develop necessary documentation as per established standards.
- Develop business architecture and capability maps.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering. Master degree is preferred.
- TOGAF, Open Group Open Certified Architect (Open CA) or any other relevant Architecture certification desired.
- Seven (7) years of experience in solutions development, enterprise architecture, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of the latest digital technologies including Artificial Intelligence, blockchain, IoT, data science and analytics, cloud computing, Integration, DB technologies (relational, timeseries) etc.
- Experience in designing and deploying solutions in cloud-native enterprise applications in public, private and hybrid cloud models (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift).
- Bring an entrepreneurship and product mindset to provide the technical leadership in the development of technical designs, functional specification and relevant documentation as per Aramco's standards.
- Deep understanding of the microservices, headless and event driven and Integration architecture.
- Understands the impacts of regulations, laws and company policies, standards and procedures to the assigned role.
- Ability to lead the development of architecture runways required across projects within a domain and provides day-to-day technical leadership/ guidance to the delivery team.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.