Job description / Role
• Brainstorms conceptual directions, both independently and as part of an integrated team.
• Translates words and ideas into high caliber conceptual designs that engage, enlighten and inspire, maintaining campaign and brand continuity and interactive usability.
• Has experience in crafting planning and managing photo and video shoots and broadcast production.
• Develops a variety of creative materials for brand campaigns, social media efforts, digital activations, and printed materials for agency clients. In addition, create assets for prospective client presentations, in-house communications, and anything else our clients or new business needs demand.
• Collaborates with Creative Director and Copywriters to revise work and refine concepts.
• Leads group reviews of creative work, adding perspective and taking direction as needed.
• Leads client and internal creative review meetings, professionally and passionately presenting the department’s work, persuasively explaining design rationale to non-designers, collecting and absorbing feedback and offering solutions in real time.
• Guides other designers in the development of all skills relevant to their growth as professional designers.
• Keep current on advertising campaigns, design trends, and industry technology, sharing findings with the department to facilitate new ways of thinking, working, and problem solving.
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic design, Advertising, Marketing, Visual Communication or any equivalent certifications
• 5+ years professional experience in agencies or in-house setting.
• Have a great eye and solid knowledge for typography and other fundamentals of advertising, branding and graphic design
• Strong conceptual and design problem-solving skills
• Have a solid knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs: Mac OS, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD, Acrobat, PowerPoint, etc.
• Strong prioritization skills, with the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Great communication, negotiations, and presentations skills, both verbal and written
• Stays current with trends, emerging design techniques, application, digital media and evolving online platforms.
About the Company
At Cheil we believe in creating Ideas that Move – people, brands and the world. Our clients choose us for our unique thinking and creativity driven by innovation. Integrated at an operational level, we are able to offer an alternative perspective in digital & programmatic media, retail experience and experiential & live communications. Steered by our fighting spirit of ‘TU:HON’ (achieving the impossible) we have established our largest client, Samsung Electronics, as the most valuable and desired brand globally, and within MENA.
In 2003 we opened our first MENA office in Dubai, UAE. Today, we have a strong local presence throughout the MENA markets and Cheil offices in Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iran. Looking to the future, we will continue to challenge the status quo across the region’s marketing landscape with a passionate team committed to driving innovation on behalf of our clients.